Foot problems from serving?

I’ve gone to 3 doctors and no one can help me here. I’m a server and I work doubles on the weekends. Usually after every double my ankle hurts but I can walk. Then I’ll rest and feel no pain but when I head to work in the morning my ankle is on fire again. And I can barely walk. I’ve went to doctors and they just say “oh you may have twisted it.” But I’ve had this for the last 3 years. Anyone else have an idea?

DISCLAIMER: I AM NO DOCTOR

The reason why you may have this pain could be from a lack of cartilage in the area. That basically means that bone could be rubbing up against bone. I doubt it though.

See a different doctor

You seem to have the same problem I have

I couldn't stand on my feet for long periods of time, my feet/ankles would be swollen to the point I could barely walk the next day. I went to my doctor, and she told me I had weak ankle tendons, and that really there was no surgical cure for it, she did recommend that I find "non slip" shoes to help build up the tolerance.

I got new shoes over a year ago, and I can now work long hours on my feet, without my ankles flaring up/burning etc.

If I had to guess, you likely have the same condition that I do! Your doctor seems like a tool to be honest, if you twisted it, you would feel pain 24/7 for 1-2 weeks, and then it would fully heal. This to me screams that its a weak ankle tendon, this can be done by having multiple ankle sprains and going without treatment for them.

If that theory is true, I would recommend you go to a shoe store, explain your situation, and they will be able to find you shoes you can wear that are far more comfortable, and won't cause your ankles to flair up.

• audrey

See a podiatrist. They'll ex-ray it and tell you what's wrong.

80 hour is utmax to work.

Rest given to body is biggest thing you do when parents gave life n also the God did.

I used to work a lot but I had to let it go ok.

Need mom salted munches once a week. Like example oatmeal+natural sweet fruits n salads.

For non veg-

Nutritional food.

For veg-

Oatmeal banana milk yogurt

Eat healthy for two to three. Years. N then forever.

Have you gone to a podiatrist. He would know more about what could be causing your pain. It could be as simple as not having an arch on your foot or just need rest to something more complex like a detached muscle. 

I don't have any ideas, except it could be a ligament or a tendon. You can buy an ankle support and see if that helps. I hope you feel better

• John G2 months agoReport

THank you so much.

Change to a more sedentary occupation.