Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsDiabetes · 2 months ago

55 yr old, Fasting blood sugar level at 155. Am I Diabetic?

55 yrs old. 217lbs, athletic build but fat. Fasting overnight and morning blood level is at 155. Am I Diabetic, Pre-diabetic or Hypoglycemic? Thank you

Male, caucasian, smoker, I eat somewhat healthy but have always had a sweet tooth. Fast foods maybe once a week.

Ok, Light smoker and am working on quitting. Never been a real hvy smoker. 

Next morning, today, was 122 after fasting while sleeping.

Thanks for all the answers and advice. I will certainly bring this back up with my Doc on Dec 20th. He had first said Pre-Diabetic 3 months ago... I should've followed up sooner. Life gets busy.

As indicated by the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, solid glucose levels are:

from 80–130 milligrams for every deciliter (mg/dl) just before eating

beneath 180 mg/dl 2 hours subsequent to eating

Furthermore, they note that:

A low glucose level is under 70 mg/dl.

A high glucose level is more than 180 mg/dl.

There are two primary driver of high glucose toward the beginning of the day: the first light marvel and the Somogyi impact.

This article investigates these causes, including what they can mean for an individual's wellbeing and when to see a specialist.

• Hawk2 months agoReport

Thank you.

You should consult your healthcare provider/ doctor; you appear to be in the diabetic range.

• Hawk2 months agoReport

Thank you. :)

• Shay

A single reading higher than allowed can be caused by an error in testing.

If the test is accurate, then a fasting reading that high would usually indicate diabetes.  

I did notice in one of your responses to someone's answer that you are already "pre-diabetic".  Since the doctor has already given that diagnosis, then your morning reading is an indicator that you need to do better with your attempts to control your sugar levels.  

If you continue to have higher than usual morning readings, you should contact your doctor for advice.  

Remember - "sugar" is not the only thing that raises blood sugar levels.  Too much of any type of carbohydrate will raise sugar levels.  Ask your doctor about having a consultation with a dietitian to help you learn better eating habits for managing blood glucose levels to try to avoid becoming an actual diabetic.  

What does your doctor say?  I can't see you from here.

yes ur just diabetic go to a doctor dont trust yahoo answers

• Hawk2 months agoReport

Thank you. :)

Diabetic see your doc

A blood test called an A1C can give you a 6 week average of your blood sugar. With a reading of 155, in the morning, before eating, would suggest you are a Type 2 diabetic.

• Hawk2 months agoReport

Thank you. :)

Maybe it's time to talk with your doctor. And if you're diagnosed with Diabetes 2, or pre diabetes, you can always change your diet. It's been proven that the Ketogenic diet often reverses diabetes 2

• Hawk2 months agoReport

Thank you. :)

"Am I Diabetic, Pre-diabetic or Hypoglycemic?" Why are you testing your blood sugar at home with zero knowledge of what the value means? unless you are diabetic or have been told to test by your doctor for other reasons you have no reason to check your own blood sugar at home.

• audrey

That's pretty high for a fasting blood sugar. You need to see your doctor for a follow up.

• Hawk2 months agoReport

Thank you. :)