Alex asked in Yahoo ProductsMy Yahoo · 2 months ago

Americans brag about their country so why is there poverty?

Here in Brazil there is poverty but most of the time it is because the government helps so much and they get comfortable.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

One must have a balance hence rich vs poor

Fat vs thin

Ugly vs pretty

Rich people need to have house cleaners and poor ppl need the bread

• Login to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Insecurity they NEED to believe the USA is Great you should see the abuse when I tell Americans that the British for some 40 years have had the best teeth in the World with Germany an equal 1st

the USA is Not within the Top 5

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

it has to do with the farmers who steal all the food and corn for themselves

nothing left for anyone else

sorry...

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I missed the main road in Arizona once and I was appalled to see the poverty there. My partner came to a conference in Washington DC, got bored with the big hotel and went to explore. He said there were slums two blocks away from the hotel. There certainly is poverty in the US.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Ian
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

The US financial system is one where the government simply has all the money that it wants printed when it wants it. This system is called infinite-debt! The USA is a conservative country, so the media don't report this! The poverty in the US is because the US is rotten to the core!

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

every country has poverty, even the richest.

• 2 months ago

Americans in " poverty " have cars , cell phones , apartments , HVAC , free food and medicine , cable TV  and internet .

How do the poverty stricken in Brazil live ?

• ...Show all comments
    • Ryde,0n
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

If all that is free in Brazil then everyone should be healthy and have a MBA or PHD and there would be no poverty .

• 2 months ago

Much of it is drug related problems. Plenty of job openings. Actually, USA economy is booming!

• 2 months ago

you ain't seen poverty unless you visit iran 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.