Linda asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 2 months ago

How can I take the salt out of cooked turkey.?

you can't take salt out of it, not possible.  If you want less salt don't buy a pre-brined turkey 

• Joe

Thats like trying to take the bop out of the bop sha bop de bop..!!

Did you buy one that has a salt solution injected into it?  Then you are stuck, you can't get it out.

Remove the water away.

Honestly I would use some lemon and other spices it will neutralize the salt to some extent. Hope this helps. 

you must be English tatties draw salt from anything just thin slices or if you put toomuch  in throw in a tattie if it doesn't work youll just drink more beer good Scottish recipy see im pissed too much salt on the roads freezing up hear  take care

• colin2 months agoReport

what a lot of nuttersjust day what eh says worth a try linda colly46@yahoo.com 

I honestly don't think you need concern yourself about the salt content in a turkey. Sure it will have salt, sure some of it will be natural from the turkey, sure they will have added a bit in production but, did I say you don't have to concern yourself about the salt content? 

.

More than likely you're gonna find more salt in a 200grm bag of Doritos.  

boil it for about 6 hours.

• denise

I dont think you can 'take it out', you could try to mask it by not salting what your'e eating it with, veg, potatoes e.t.c.

• Mog

Make soup out of it. Or turkey stew with plenty of potatoes. Potatoes soak up salt. 

• Linda2 months agoReport

Actually you and Mog are correct!!! making soup with a few potatoes was perfect.  Thanks so very much.