Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingOther - Pregnancy & Parenting · 2 months ago

Update: Will ignoring court ordered paternity test help me if I use this excuse?

My Judge ordered I take my daughter to paternity test within 7 days of November 26th, I tried to go today but it's closed for the holiday my child's father did his but I haven't doubted mine.  What will happen. Judge said because I don't want him having my phone number he could use my email to let me know when he dies the test  If I say that I didn't get the email, what will the judge do

• Edna

You don't need to receive an e-mail from the child's father that tells you that he's had a DNA test done,  in order to take your daughter for a DNA test. The lab is just going to compare the DNA from your daughter with the DNA of the child's father.

• Lita

You will face contempt of court charges. You cannot legally ignore a court order. You will face fines and potential jail time. Get the test done Monday and get it over with unless you want to risk going to jail, being fined etc... 

I don't know what the Judge will do, but it's not a good idea to screw around with the Courts. Just get it done.

• Suzy Q

If you claim you didn't get the email, the judge will:

1. Realize you're lying, probably not for the first time during these proceedings. 

2. Tell you, "even if I believed that, so what? I ordered you to take your daughter for a paternity test within 7 days. I did not order you to wait until after you get an email."

3. Not cut you any slack for the fact the lab was closed for the holiday. They might have if you had been honest and cooperative from the start, but you haven't, have you? Sooner or later the judge will lose patience with you. 

4. Speaking about losing patience, you will probably be held in contempt of court. In civil contempt cases the sanction is commonly to be incarcerated until you comply with the court order you originally failed to obey. 

You're being stupid for fighting this anyway. The father of your child knows he is the father and doesn't deny it. You know he is the father and already admit that. This paternity test won't tell anybody anything they don't already know and agree to. 

You better have your paternity test done Monday. You can have it done Monday. the judge will give you a reasonable allowance because of the Thanksgiving holiday. but if the judge orders you to do something and you don't do it. They're going to issue a warrant for your arrest on the charge of contempt of court. In the jail cell you can sit there until the state doctor comes and takes your blood. They'll take your child and put your child in temporary foster care while you're sitting in jail.

That's the way things like this work don't screw with the judge when they order you to do something.

You need to get it done within seven days.  This gives you Monday to get it done.

• helene

The judge did not order you to wait for an email. The judge ordered you to take your daughter in for DNA testing within 7 days. Do what the damned judge said. They will not look kindly on ANY excuse, but particularly not one that is a provable lie.

Are you seriously this inept? You HAVE to obey court orders. That you think you can make excuses is pretty pathetic. You will have to admit your mistake and do the test...continuing to ignore it will look very bad for you. Considering that this probably is for support on your child's behalf, why would you want to hold that up?

Ignore a court order = do jail time

Contempt of court....

Don't you want child support ?

they have to establish paternity to enforce a child support order.

• David

You still have time. Get the test in the next few days. You don't want to face charges of contempt of court.