Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationFishing · 2 months ago

Why do Americans go fishing at golf courses?

I just went on a binge, watching videos of Americans fishing at golf courses and the videos are always titled something like "crazy garbage person yells at me for no reason," but then you watch the video and its some idiot fishing in a tiny stocked pond a stones throw away from the greens, a public trail, or houses. Are these people just trying to get a reaction from people for views, or do Americans think that is the outdoors?

Edit: The crazy shithole country where I'm from is Canada. I have never seen some one in Canda fishing out of a tiny artificial stocked pond that is obviously put there for aesthetic purposes, not to feed people.

• Rick

As a young kid I'd bike ride to the local golf course for an hour or so of "first light"

fishing.  Why????  GREAT FISHING.  Fishing was not allowed.  Little fishing pressure equals an easy catch.  We learned to listen for the greenskeeper's tractor and scram before getting caught.

Good idea. Thanks for the advice.

Lol o dont fish its kind of boring

Because they want to watch people golf and go fishing at the same time ✋

People fish in ponds because that's where the fish are.