how come when youtube first launched it was ad free & now it is full of ads and like a commercial tv station ?

is it the mainstream media and big tech bringing whats on the tv to the internet as well so there's no escape?  youtube was originally meant to be about the ''ordinary man'' uploading videos, back in 2005 up until 2011 it had a community spirit and was about ordinary users creating content.......now its all turned commercialized thanks to big tech companies usurping the helm, now its like a tv network and modern mainstream tv full of ads.........why have ordinary people allowed this to happen?

i feel really enraged about it, i'm clenching my teeth even now just thinking about it....youtube used to be great, now its turned into a corporate mainstream tv network.

Favorite Answer

Adblock, will get rid of most of the ads.  Also it is the content providers who set the amount of ads. 

• darkmere 1048 A.D

thanks for your thoughts, i already have adblock, its great.

• John

Chrome allows me to include Ad-Block. I see ads extremely rarely.

• Judy

SOMEbody has to pay the expenses.