Sam
Lv 7
Sam asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 2 months ago

Those who have wasted their lives watching TV, what did they miss out on?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Eh, there's gotta be a balance. Life is important. Friends, socializing, hobbies, etc etc. However, it depends on the people. I'd rather "hang out" with a fellow nerd and watch a show we both like or go to a convention than hang out with people I find conversing with to be intensely boring.

"Yes, I totally wanna hear about your boring job" (where you spend 95% of your waking energy)" or "Oh really, Susan said THAT?! (blah blah gossip yakety smak) " /sarcasm.

Yeah, but things like traveling and new experiences in life are important. Careers are important. etc. (Though a job shouldn't BE your life.)

Stories can inspire many of us, the same way many people use religion. (Except that I know my stories aren't literally true)

Yes, TV (or books, movies, music, etc) maybe shouldn't take over your life but compared to many jobs that want you to LIVE, eat, breathe and sleep, and sh** that job to the exclusion of much else, just to make that bank $$$, it's a far lesser evil. People spending all their times at a boring job might accomplish more, but often don't ENJOY life any more than the person watching a lotta TV. At least the latter experiences more ENJOYMENT of life.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Being on Yahoo Answers

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

They missed out on physical participation.

• 2 months ago

Their life is only wasted if they think it's wasted. We all have a different path to travel.

• Sam
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

philosophically maybe  ;) 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • RP
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

They'll never know, but, due to their ignorance, they likely don't care either.

• 2 months ago

They have missed out on real-life Sam,

and they can't get it back.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

The TV is my best friend it never let's me down

You might call me a boring ******** but I don't care. I live life on my own terms

• Sam
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Do you ever wonder what you could've accomplished without watching TV

• 2 months ago

Everything......

• 2 months ago

Life, the Universe and Everything.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.