Jim asked in Home & GardenGarden & Landscape · 2 months ago

Worms in in my ears?

I have had these small worms in my ears for the last week or so, I've tried removing them with a Q-Tip but they're pretty jammed in there. What should I do? The nearest hospital is a 3 hour drive as I live on the North Mountain.

• Heike

Sticking a Q tip in your ear only jams ear wax and everything else back in.  Put a few drops of olive oil in your ears every day for a few days, the stuff should eventually slide out.

fill each ear with mineral oil or cooking oil if that is all you get close by,fill each ear,lay on the side with one side up for an hour,turn over after the ear drains out,,repeat other ear,

• Joe

That's a long drive.  Better to make friends with the worms.  Name them, feed them, talk to them, ask their opinion on things. You'll never be lonely again.

Those are not worms in your ears. They are maggots. And that's if the story is really true. Nobody in their right mind would put up with maggots living in their ears for a week. Be serious.

Howsoever, if this is really true, you need to lie down on your side and have somebody pour lukewarm water in your ear so the maggots can float out.

Go to a hospital, however far it is!

Normally my suggestion would be to take a trip to the hospital, but since your situation seems different, so long as there is absolutely no pain and they aren't causing you to drastically lose hearing or making you sick, I would immediately call or live chat with a doctor to see if there is any home remedy you can try. But if there is any sort of pain or hinderance to hearing or physical health, you should visit the hospital as soon as possible.

Flush them out with Worm-B-Gone ear solution. Available at most pharmacies.

You need to get to a doctor right away before they eat their way into your brain.

START DRIVING

Absolutely seek medical help immediately, it is worth the three hour drive