I have embraced the fact I love heavy metal in my 30's! Is it to late to start a metal band. Yes I have what it takes.?

Favorite Answer

No. Never too late. Just please do something else besides this scene music that has overrun the charts since about 2001 (Emmure, Avenge Sevenfold, Bring Me The Horizon, Asking Alexandria, AFI). I have nothing against bands liked that, they worked hard to get where they are. But I want a back to basis for metal. I want to see some new bands revive the sound of Def Leppard, Metallica, At The Gates, Mayhem, Destruction, Megadeth, and Morbid Angel without seeming old, tired, or cliched. 

And I want to seem THEM have their music featured in video games, and THEM be featured on the Ozbournes, and THEM go to #10 on the billboards. And lastly I want a return to the old metal image. Not this emo looking trend because I am so tired of this in metal and rock.  

Source(s): 79

One thing you'll sadly notice is that teen pop idols are often in their mid 30s-40s. That would be creepy in any other circumstance. To reach the level of commercial success often takes years in the business, just like any other business. If you had to approach corporations to set up a system where their franchises would take money to refill your new electronic bus tickets, would you know where to begin without a lifetime in business? The same question stands for starting and operating a band product.

Countless stories exist about newbs getting taken for everything they have. Including the Goo Goo Dolls with 30 years and counting of main stream radio play who made $5000 between them in their most seminal albums. That said, I once worked under a single man who bought a 4 bedroom house (likely $500,000) on royalties alone.

• Binks

I am 60, and I have a strong desire to start a metal band. I have tons of ideas, do very well at writing lyrics, and have a good stage look. Don't have much of a voice, though, as I had throat damage when I was younger. I sang pretty well before the incursion.

You're not too old. I like metal in my almost 30s yet I don't want to be in the spotlight. Omg my father answered also. If it is the same as iblis. Many owners of the seven hecks. 

• Satan

Not at all - Go for it!

It's not entirely unusual to love heavy metal. 

No.. in fact age is only a number...smash em like a meteor !