What made Titanic a massively successful blockbuster? Why do so many love and not get tired of it? What’s sp special about it?

• Dimple
    1 week ago

I hated that movie.  I was thinking why didn’t she go for the hot rich guy? 

She exposed herself... went completely nude in front of some complete stranger 

A lot of that movie made no sense.  

How do you fall in love with someone so quickly?   

So cheesy 

The only part I liked in the movie was when all the panic starts after the boat hits the iceberg.   

• Dimple
      1 week agoReport

Menstruated 2 weeks ago.   I believe I'm female.

• SW-6
    1 week ago

I can see what you are saying, if you focus on the movie up until they hit the iceburg.  I know that was the part I was waiting for and on the edge of my seat watching all that happened when they hit the iceburg, the panic, the boat cracking in half, the folks in the cold water, etc.  Waiting for that part made sitting thru the first half of the movie worth it, and something you wanted to see again.  :)

Source(s): *and yes, he could have fit on that floating door with her at the end!!!

Just the commercial for it bored me. I still haven't seen it.

because of Jack and Rose tragic love story. 

Good question. Part of it was the star power of director James Cameron. He had previously helmed the Blockbuster movie Terminator 2 and that probably helped bring some people in the door. The movie itself got good reviews and want a whole slew of oscars. So positive word-of-mouth probably helped. And it's just a really epic story. The and half of it, where the boat sinks, is this amazing technical Disaster Movie. Cameron worked on a scope which had rarely been seen before or since. He constructed something like a 3/4 size model of the Titanic for the cast and crew to work on and did an amazing job of creating the sinking sequence. And then he wrap this up in a love story between Leonardo Dicaprio and Kate Winslet, two of the best actors of their generation.

• susan

For people who happen to be interested in the actual 1912 disaster, James Cameron's movie was enjoyable because he included many historically accurate details. 

Also that one shot where it starts at a close up of a few terrified people in the water, calling out to their loved ones in the dark, then pans out to show the chaos of over a thousand people in the water, all doing the same- that's an unforgetable moment that truly captures the heartbreaking disaster in human terms.

• Cap'n. America
      1 week agoReport

The Time Tunnel was actually more accurate  .It showed  the Sparks from the induction coil wireless. "Titanic" panned Away and you "heard" a Zapp--Zapp.

There were 18 movies, not counting those made for television, made about the sinking of the Titanic.  Some were titled simply "Titanic".  Which one do you mean?  I rather liked the 1953 one.  Great story line nicely covered!

• I liked that 1953 movie, the part where the band kept playing spoke to me

• Ivan

Did you watch it? Overall it had everything to satisfy the movie going experience. It was a blockbuster like twister or Jurassic park.

Good acting, story, script, effects, drama, comedy, action, theme. Also good theme song and musical score.

There's been fails though.

There are a lot of other movies out there that had better special effects, plots, etc. And that came out at the same time. I remember watching it as a little boy, and the only thing that caught my interest was the GRAPHIC ending that included Leonardo Dicaprio sacrificing himself in a brutal, yet considered by many to be romantic way for the female lead. But, To answer your question, it is because of the grand scale of the film. It had a large budget that was used well. Some movies are expensive to make but turn out to be HUGE disastors.

In it is the ultimate sacrifice.