promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Can I record to tv account if satellite is down?

I had a program set to record on my DirecTV app, but the satellite was down due to a snowstorm. Will shows still record to the account, or will it not record at all?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago

You don't appear to understand how this works. No satellite=no service. That being said, there is no snow in the satellite orbital belt. Are you confusing the satellite with your dish antenna?

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Mark
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

No, but it may pick up a later re-broadcast if there is one.

• 4 months ago

If there is no signal, you can record only "nothing".

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

No it won't..........

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago

It totally depends on what kind of setup you have if your television has to have the picture showing in your house or coming into your house in order to record it no it's not going to work but if you're linked like say with DirecTV online where your DVR picks up the movie straight from the website and record it to your DVR then the answer is yes but if you're depending on the satellite signal coming to your house the answer is no

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

What, was there a whole lot of snow in outer space that disabled the satellite?

• 4 months ago

If they are live broadcast, they will not record. Your receiver must have an active signal. However, check to see of the shows are "on demand'. They can be downloaded anytime

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.