Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysOther - Holidays · 2 months ago

Why do poor people even try to celebrate holidays?

I don't get why they even try buying gifts for others or try to but a turkey. They always bend themselves to give a gift, even if it's someone's birthday and they don't want anything. 15 different credit cards to give a gift. Why don't poor people just do nothing instead of trying to celebrate holidays? If they are already poor why take it a credit card every time it's someone's birthday or a holiday?

I know, right?

Having fun is for rich people ONLY, poor people should only be toiling in the fields or in the coal mines. They should never know the taste of turkey or the joy of receiving gifts!

Now hold on, my gold toilet awaits, I ate too much diamond encrusted caviar at my space yacht club. Cheerio!

• 2017

Why does anyone celebrate the holidays.? 

I've worked a lot with poor people. Even if you can't live anywhere decent or make ends meet, your self respect pushes you to gifts.