Since I get bullied at school, how do I convince my parents to let me home school?

So, I get bullied at school. I get pushed my this one guy, he also kicks my chair, and calls me bad names/words. I've talked to my parents, and they said that life is always going to be hard, and with people like that. I go to a christian school, so already are spending a lot of money for my education. I've asked them to home school before, and they said, "Not in a million years". I also talked to my friends, and they said, Don't be that weird anti-social kid". I tried to ask my school councilor, and she said to ignore it. Everyday, I am so anxious about going to school. I would prefer to be home schooled, and not go to a different school because I feel like I need a break from a ton of toxic people. I will be a freshman in high school, and I'm already worried that somebody is going to come bully me. Can anybody help me to convince my parents to home school me for freshman year?

Also, my dad works full time, and my mom helps him out because they own their own practice. My mom doesn't actually have a real job, she just helps out my dad

• Dylan
    Favorite Answer

First you need to find out why your parents don't want you to be home schooled then you need to find solutions that will over come those objections.

For example if they want you to gain social skills join sport teams or clubs and actively socialize outside of school. If they want you to do bible studies then start reading the bible every day for 30 mins. Put in effort to show them making you home school will be a benefit to both you and them. 

• Jayla2 months agoReport

thank you! I will for sure try this one!

I am sorry about your situation. Schools can be very hard. 

I think you can search some schools that support homeschooling and show it to your parents. Have some religious schools that can please your parents. You can show some relates about homeschooling and how it can change in a positive way the kids life.

Good luck.

• Laurie

If anyone touches you without your consent, it is assault.

If your parents will take no action, this is what you do...

The next time this happens, notice the identities of nearby witnesses, and CALL THE POLICE. “I am at school, and I have just been assaulted. I want to file a complaint.” Then go to the office and wait for the police. When they arrive, tell them what happened and give them the names of the witnesses.

I assume you have already talked to the school and that they also refuse to take action. Therefore, don’t ask their permission to call the police. Just do it.

Home schooling is not the answer. The answer is to stand up for yourself until the adults in your life take this seriously.

If the school, the police, and your parents ALL refuse to take action, the next step is to contact your local newspaper. “I have been the victim of repeated assaults at my school, and I would like to talk to a reporter about it.”

Good luck.

yes I am sure of it but not entirely

• Jayla2 months agoReport

okay, I'll keep asking! 

• A.J.

Instead of withdrawing from the system, why isn't the system being fixed. We have a bully for the President and bullying continues in school. It is the bullies that need to be homeschooled. Teenagers that withdraw from people lose the ability to socially develop and the problem is in the school. Toxic people is the problem and where is the mechanism in the schools to fix it?

You do have to learn to stand up for yourself.

Find out if the bully has a pet at home or younger relatives.

Whisper quietly in his/her ear, "If you don't grow up and stop this nonsense, I will poison your dog." or something similar, and see if the message gets through to the moron.

• Jayla2 months agoReport

Honestly, I have no idea. The school had a meeting with the kids parents and me, and the mom of the bully said that the kid was being forced by his friend, that doesn't even go to the school, and that it wasn't his fault..And I sat there confused because why wouldn't the mom fix it? Idk

Your parents are correct you can't run away from situations like this. 

Make friends with someone bigger than your bully.

• Jayla2 months agoReport

yes, I could, but the problem is that he's EXTREMELY popular, and has some kids turn against me as well. It's also hard for me to make friends because I don't play a sport/clubs because I'm scared that somebody is going to bully me there.