Good evening, Today I received an email supposedly from Yahoo... Is this real or fake? A screenshot of the message is attached Thank you?

Favorite Answer

That's nothing but an outright scam. Whatever you do, avoid clicking on the links or attachments in the message and giving out your personal information to the scammers. You could risk getting your account hijacked in the process if you do so, and maybe put in viruses or malware on your computer. Get that message spammed straight into oblivion right away. Yahoo doesn’t ever send you unsolicited emails to request for your personal information, as they already have that stored in their-well secured servers. Verification requests are always bogus in this case.

When you receive official messages from Yahoo, look for its logo to the left of the sender's name. This indicates to you the message came straight from the company, ending only with the address @cc.yahoo-inc.com, and not the scammers themselves. Messages from the scammers only have generic greetings (such as Dear Valued Customer, Dear Customer, etc.) while the ones from Yahoo address you only by your name. Remember you only get official messages from the company on an occasional basis.

As a friendly reminder, you're already using the current version of Yahoo Mail, as the classic variant has already been phased out a few years ago. There are no upgrades currently available at this time. If one is available, it will be done automatically without your input. 

It is a scam don’t listen 

• Sharon

That is a phishing scam. Ignore and delete it. This is how to identify legitimate Yahoo websites, requests, and communications: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN2091.html

It is a fake scam or phishing email, not from yahoo at all if you look close at the heading and any of the bad links.

• dean2 months agoReport

I asked a question on here about a potential crime I read about on another forum. Will I be investigate by police for it ?

Forward the email to Abuse@yahoo.com

• brian 2010

That email address is no longer valid

I may be expecting too much, but if it was from Yahoo!, I'd expect the grammar to be right.  "all Yahoo E-mail account",  "keep your mailbox save"  It's not even English.  Click through and use your creativity and imagination to type in a particularly offensive username and password.

• ..

Obvious SCAM attempt.

The scammer sends out hundreds at a time, to random accounts. Note that you are not addressed by name. NEVER click on unverified links.

• Jeff

Looks totally legit to me. I can tell from a random screenshot that provides no useful information like the email address it’s from, sending domain, etc. Sure! Totally legit.