Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited KingdomLondon · 2 months ago

Why does the British transport take transport so seriously ?

E scooters haven’t been legalised yet, car insurance cost a bomb along with petrol. Travelling by train costs a lot of money too

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

If you are talking about public transport it is expensive because unlike other countries fares are not subsidised by the government. You can save money on rail fares with a railcard and by booking tickets well in advance.

railcard.co.uk

nationalrail.co.uk

• Login to reply the answers
  • Ludwig
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

E scooters are not legalised because they are not fit to be on the roads and would be dangerous for pedestrians if allowed on the pavement.

• 2 months ago

So take a bus.

• 2 months ago

E scooters on busy pavements would knock children and old people down like 9 Pins. You just can't have little low things darting about like scaredy cats. On roads they are invisible to trucks and buses so would get crushed.

Insurance costs a bomb because people do not take sufficient care and cars have become very expensive to buy and repair.

Rail travel is not subsidised to the extent which it is in many other civilised countries.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

No idea what you mean the British Transport.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I will give you the answer, but you first have to choose my answer as best answer then I will give you the full answer.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.