What about unemployment benefits?

What are the chances for somebody to get unemployment benefits? Hi I'm 23, I haven't had a job since October. I've been trying to get a job and had no luck, I'm still trying. I'm going to run out of money, money that I need to fully support myself with. Do I sound like somebody who should apply for unemployment? What kind of person should? I'm going to look into it, though I'm looking for answers from people who may know experience with it.

Unemployment benefits are for people who lost their job through no fault of their own.  This means they didn't quit or they didn't get fired for cause.

- if you quit or got fired for a reason like tardiness, insubordination, etc you should not bother applying for UI benefits.

- if you lost your job because you were laid off or didn't have the skills to do it right, then you should apply

You could try applying, for unemployment insurance.

Is it possible to get money without working? Yes, and I think it's under certain circumstances, and it also depends on where you are from, and what kind of sources you were able to find.

Surviving with a very low income is not easy, for certain people. I believe it's possible, for maybe the odd one to flourish if he, or she receives a very low income, but that would depend on him, or her.

Why did you lose your last job?  If you were laid off for lack of work, then you qualify.  If you were fired or you quit, then you are NOT eligible.  If you were laid off, go and apply - immediately.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience & with Employment law experience.

Maybe. Nothing you said indicates whether you are the type of person who should. The main two factors are how long you had a job and why you don't have one anymore.

If you are eligible for unemployment why haven't you applied?

Whatever state you live in has a labor/unemployment website look there and see if you meet the requirements to file for UEI.

• A.J.

Unemployment benefits are government payments for out of work employees who lost their job through no fault of their own. There is qualification having to do with working a certain amount of time before getting laid off.

You can apply based on the October date if you qualify.

You may also get SNAP food benefits.

Check with the proper agencies.