I have a blanket stuck in my 2001 ford focus front passenger door, how do i get the door open?

Update:

Blanket is bunched up where latch is door is partly open

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Bort
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

First, walk around to the front and look just under the hood on the very front of the car in the middle. They circled the problem.

The hood is the flat part in front of you when you're in the drivers seat just outside the big flat window that keeps bugs from hitting you.

Then go in the drivers side and pull the visor mirror down to find the other problem.

Pry it from the outside with a bar or kick it real hard from the inside until it comes free while the latch is being held open. There really is no other way unless you can access the door latch stud and have the torx bit to take it out. 

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Pull the blanket.

• 2 months ago

Have someone hold the outer handle to open the door while you kick it open from the inside.

• ashley2 months agoReport

tried that lol

• 2 months ago

If it is jamming the mechanism do not try to pull from the outside of you may damage the handle. I would push from the inside while pulling on the door release handle. It that does not work then you may have to remove the inside panel.

I cant access the inside panel because the door is partly open but closed if that makes sense. there's a gap all the way around the door because the blanket is bunched up in the jam where the latch is  

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Use body to push door all the way shut  then try opening door 

• 2 months ago

i don't see how this is preventing you from just opening the door normally

because the blanket must be stuck on the latch so i cant use either handle to open the door

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.