If you are a senior citizen do you sometimes wish that you could live your life over again ?

If you could do that what do you think you would do differently from how you did things first time around, or what new things would you wish to try that were not available to you when younger?

• Snid

I wouldn't object to a do over in some aspects.

Not unless I could remember everything that I did in this life to compare it with the second life. Otherwise, I might run the risk of making my second life worse than the first life.       

• no, i have had a hard life and been through a lot, i look forward to the next life where i can be in gods realm hopefully.

No, once is enough.  I sometimes think that I made a bad choice where marriage was concerned but, had I not met him, I would not have had the children I have and I wouldn't have wished to live to be in my late 70s without a family and their offspring also. We should all just accept what we have and make the most of it.  If we, of necessity, must get out of a home we made (perhaps for safety or peace) then we must do that but then we have to continue our lives doing the best we can.

• Verulam

Good point re having children and so grandchildre BUT looking at my sister's kids, I'm not so sure I'm missing much!!

• A C

No way.  First of all, we have very little control over our circumstances for the first 18 years.  After that you just have to make decisions as things come up.  

No, at least not unless I could have different parents who weren't constantly fighting and arguing with each other, and who wouldn't ram their perverted religion down my throat.

Only if I could relive it with my current knowledge, otherwise it would probably turn out about the same. I actually lived an adventuresome life, learning and doing a great deal. Mostly what I would do is make investments that I now know in hindsight were fantastic. The other thing is in my social life in high school, even though it was pretty good, it could have been a bit better if I understood social cues like I do now. I don't really have any major regrets in the decisions I made the first go around and still have adventures to look forward to.

Sometimes I wish I could be fifteen again, but knowing what I know now.  I think I might do better if I knew what was important, what worked and what didn't, and how things would turn out.

OTOH, high school and even college were a lot of work, many disappointments, etc., and I'm glad I'm passed all that.  My toxic, dysfunctional family relationship wouldn't be different.  And if you solve one problem, there are other problems you can't solve.  I didn't end up in a bad place, so even if I had the opportunity I'd probably want to leave well enough alone.

Nope, it as bad enough the first time.  Besides I would make the same mistakes again.

I am 45 and wish I could live my life over again ...but it's tricky, because I wouldn't want to give up the experiences that I had this time around- even the bad ones.