samihmah asked in SportsVolleyball · 2 months ago

I want to do play high school volleyball next year. Will I be able to wear leggings instead of spandex during games for religious reasons?

I am in high school. Due to religious reasons, do you think I will be allowed to wear leggings instead of the shorts spandex? I prefer to dress more modestly so...

Favorite Answer

You should check with the athletic department at your school, but it shouldn’t be a problem.  I 

know that on my daughter’s freshmen volleyball team one girl wore leggings and a hijab.  She had no problems playing.

• samihmah2 months agoReport

Awesome! Good to know.

• Depends on your school (and the region/area/district governing body's) policy on altering a uniform. Why not go and talk to the coach and ask?

• martin

It depends on your school's administration and the coach of the team. Your request sounds perfectly reasonable as long as you are consistent with the colors worn by the rest of the team.

Um, really? Is that all your religion means to you? I don't recall Jesus ever mentioning spandex. I do r ecall him mentioning being kind and welcoming to foreign immigrants, though. Have you done that?

• MrWakeup

But that doesn't bother me one bit. How is she being unkind or unwelcoming? And even if neither of us or her were religious, how would this affect anyone else if she doesn't want to dress in skin tight short spandex shorts?

• Susie

That’s a question for your school principle.