Has anyone vacationed in Yemen?

If so how was it? Is it dangerous for women?

• Kev
    Favorite Answer

Women are adviced to cover their hair and wear long sleeved clothes.  Also be careful of terrorist attacks and I am not kidding. There's a lot of bus-bombings in Yemen. Yemen is currently under a war between the Houthi Rebels and the Arab Coalition. It is best to avoid visiting Yemen until the war ends.

• Blahblahblah2 months agoReport

Thank you for your advice. I've decided to visit India instead

I did for 2 months and it was wonderful...if you're a foreigner make sure you grab someone who knows Arabic so you understand the locals. Ta'izz, Yemen & Sana'a the capital of Yemen is where I mainly stayed at. There is a mall in Ta'izz and a lot of the times you'll see shops and salespersons outside selling things. The folks there are very friendly and easy to get along with. There's also a lot of historical sites in Yemen. So, if you want to study the culture and historical background of Yemen I suggest you check them out. As far as I'm concerned no it is not unsafe for women. Yemen is actually one of the less strict countries when compared to other Arab nations like Saudi Arabia. The culture is more loose and free-flowing not to mention that Yemen actually has branches of government whereas Saudi Arabia is a monarchy and lead by royals which in my opinion has an indirect effect on the social conditioning of the people. 

• Dze

lol yeah .. you'll wind up dead or somebodys sex slave vacationing in shtholes like that .. those people dont give a sht about your snowflake 'correctness' trust me ..

• truth bot2 months agoReport

Keep your ignorant comments to yourself Trump supporter. 

Yeah. I stayed at 15 Yemen road, Yemen. It was lovely.

Ana Medre is the **** u want to go