Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesJeep · 2 months ago

Should I trade my car in?

So I currently drive a Jeep Wrangler. It was my dream car and I traded my old Ford Escape for it in July. I’m finally having buyers remorse. It leaks in the rain and it’s been back and forth to the dealer many times. The car had a bad stabilizer causing it to death wobble on the highway. All of it’s fixed but now I’m also concerned with how much money I’m wasting keeping a vehicle like this. I don’t off road and at most it snows like 6 inches at a time. Got around just fine in a Ford Focus for years in the snow. So I don’t necessarily need a Jeep. I drive to work, school, and the occasional road trip and the Jeep has bad mpg. But it’s a Jeep my dream car. I have a deal with a Honda dealer to just get a Civic that’s more what I would need. Good Idea? 

Also the Jeep is on a lease. Honda is offering lease buy outs for a purchase of a new Honda by the way so I’m not upside down 

I do like my JKU, but I am also prepared to put between $1-2k into it a year.

If you're not, it might be the wrong vehicle for you.

Are you sure you understand the least buy-out process?

I see NO WAY that you are NOT underwater if you (or a dealership) were to buy-out the car now. 

- your car is worth at least 20% less than it was when you drove it off the lot 5 months ago and that loss will be reflected in the purchase price. 

Yeah i hard the civic is a good car. But i would avoid the 1.5L turbo as it has oil dilution problems unless you will only lease the car for a short period of time. I would get the basic 2.0L coupe version as the coupe handles a little better then the sedan and it should be pretty reliable.

You wasted the money already on the Jeep.  For as little as you drive it , it will not break down just for the HELL OF IT.  The worn stabilizer was replaced (or steering shock & the tires were balanced) It is finished there.Make up your mind.  

, Ford Escape or a Ford Focus?Jeep was your DREAM car.Honda dealer does not phucking care.JUST WANTS to make a sale-to U or some other orange clown.6" of snow at a time is a fair amount.Most I get 2" unless it is a heavy day and get 10".Seems to me that your heavy days will happen more often than me.Yet there are guys & gals happy to own a Jeep where I live.When it snows it does not rain(it is snow)Why you took it to the dealer is weird. Any mechanic could fix it cheaper.Water getting in is part and parcel to owning a soft top.It's not major.The good thing about it is if it ever floods in your area, the water will also leak out-so you win. Honda does not have the ground clearance the Jeep has.You are just paying the WAGES for the salesman...it does not benefit you.

So ay currently drive ayy jeep wrangluurr. It were my dream car ayn' ay traded my awful old fawd escape faw it in july. I’m finally a-havin' buyers remawse. It leaks in thay ...uhh rayn ayn' it’s been bak ayn' fawth ta thay ...uhh dealuurr many times. The car done had ayy awful bad stabilizuurr causing it ta death wobble on the highway. All av it’s fixed but now i’m also done concerned with how much mowney i’m wasting a-keepin' ayy vehicle like this here. Ay don’t off road ayn' at mowst it snows like 6 inches at ayy tahm. Done got around just awful fine in ayy fawd focus faw years in the snow. So ay don’t necessarily nee ayy jeep. Ay drive ta wawk, school, ayn' the occasional road trip ayn' the jeep has awful bad mpg. But it’s ayy jeep my dream car. Ay have ayy deal with ayy honda dealuurr ta just get ayy civik that’s mawe what ay would nee. Darn good idea?

Well at least with a Honda you should get a quality machine. Jeep have one of the worst reliability rates on the planet. I wouldn't touch one with a barge pole. Buy Korean or Japanese, rarely go wrong with them.

• JetDoc

You've had your dream and apparently, it's over. Maybe it's time to get something that's more practical... But a Civic won't get you through 6 inches of snow.

• J J

Well it seems your "dream" has turned into a nightmare. You do know that lease buyout cost will be added to the load you will need to buy  a Honda don't you? You are in a no win situation you have already lost all your money with the lease, you get nothing at the end of the term. Keep the Jeep and learn never to do that again.