promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Spyro asked in SportsWrestling · 4 months ago

Which of these wrestlers were harder to beat in their prime?

Or, during anytime in their careers when they were the hardest to beat.

Hulk Hogan(80's) or John Cena

The Undertaker or Roman Reigns

Brock Lesnar or Andre Giant

Shawn Michaels or Seth Rollins

Kurt Angle: WWE or TNA

Shawn Michaels: 1996 or 2005

The Great Khali or Mark Henry

The Big Show or Kane

Trish Stratus or Lita(Both as faces)

Rey Mysterio or Eddie Guerrero

Vader or Mark Henry

CM Punk or Edge

Randy Savage or AJ Styles

Ric Flair or Triple H

Randy Orton or Randy Savage

Bret Hart or Kurt Angle

20 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Wow. So many answers here.

John Cena - Cena at his best is on a whole different level than Hogan really. He can withstand huge punishment and he is very very hard to beat in a submission match. He is also able to kick out of multiple finishers and his Attitude Adjustment is utterly devastating when he is "Super" Cena.

Hogan was certainly a powerhouse and he often no-sold his opponents punches in matches and he was an incredible champion but he still had a very limited moveset in comparison to Cena.

If "Super" Cena were to face Hogan, he would win.

The Undertaker - As powerful as Roman Reigns is, The Undertaker is superior. The Undertaker used to no-sell to show that he was nearly impervious to pain and not to mention that he would often sit-up even after a finisher has been used on him. The difficulty is vastly increased if it's a Wrestlemania match. His finisher is very powerful and not many have kicked out of it.

Reigns is certainly one of the strongest superstars in the entire company however he has been pinned a lot and it is shown that he isn't nigh vulnerable and a couple of finishers can put him down. I'll say that Reigns is much harder to beat than 14' The Undertaker who lost after taking three F-5s.

Brock Lesnar - Lesnar's strength is abnormal even by monster heel standards. He has a dominative style to him and he tends to overpower his opponents that aren't Super heavyweights. He can stand up from a finisher and if you want examples, well here are couple. During his match with Big Show, Show had to hit three Chokeslams in a row just to really bring him down. Sheamus had to hit three Brogue Kicks as well and they all failed to put him down. Cena too had to hit Attitude Adjustments after Attitude Adjustments but still no.

Lesnar also has the F-5 to his arsenal and few are strong enough to kick out of it.

He is extremely high up in the list of WWE superstars that are hard to beat.

Seth Rollins - Rollins is one of the most versatile superstars in WWE and he is an exceptional high flyer that is fast and very athletic. He also has the deadly Curbstomp which is even more powerful than the F-5. He has beaten Lesnar, Styles and Strowman all in a clean match. When he is at his best, he is significantly dangerous.

Michaels can be super hard to beat but when you compare him to Rollins, it is easier to beat him than Rollins as the Superkick has been kicked out much more than the Curbstomp.

Rollins can combine both the Pedigree and the Curbstomp which makes it even more devasting.

Kurt Angle: WWE - Angle was definitely more powerful in WWE than TNA. It took multiple F-5's to bring down Angle and his Ankle Lock finisher was very strong, being able to cause Austin, Lesnar and even Cena to tap out. If you can cause these guys to tap out with your finisher, you are definitely a tank.

Shawn Michaels 2005 - Michaels from 2005 was harder to beat than 96' HBK. Not only did he become more powerful but his endurance increased as well. Beating HBK would certainly need a great deal of effort.

Mark Henry - This isn't too much of a contest. Henry has done powerlifting and has beaten up many major superstars. When he had that "Hall Of Pain" gimmick, he was probably at his strongest. Beating Henry really isn't easy because he is not only large but strong and he has one of the more powerful finishers in the form of the World's Strongest Slam.

Khali on the other hand is simply just a man who happens to be big. He has so many flaws as a superstar and people like Brock Lesnar and Braun Strowman can easily bring him down. Just attack his legs and hit a finisher and he should be out. Cesaro actually picked him up and took him out. Khali is a problem in battle royals though.

Kane - While Show was a lot more powerful before, he wasn't as powerful as Kane. At his best, it took three Tombstone Piledrivers just to bring him down and even then, he could have kicked out but it was too late.

Show was still very tough as a monster heel and multiple superstars had to attack him just to take him out.

Trish Stratus - I'll say Stratus but this one is very close as these two can be viewed as equals. Stratus did get more title reigns and I think that's the deciding factor.

Rey Mysterio - He is not very strong in terms of physical strength but he is fast and his moves are difficult to counter. It's not easy bringing him down but if you happen to be another high flyer around his size or height then it's easier. If you're also someone like Strowman then it's much easier.

Eddie was still dangerous and his tactics have made him get a couple of wins but Mysterio is harder.

Mark Henry - Mark Henry again. These two were booked as monsters heels but I'll say Henry was the better monster heel. Vader was great as a monster heel though.

CM Punk - Punk had a very long title reign and it took The Rock just to end his reign. Punk has also beaten Cena, gave Brock Lesnar one of his better challenges and single handedly defeated The Shield in a handicap match.

Edge was the first Money In The Bank winner but his nickname is "The Ultimate Opportunist" and not "Best In The World"

AJ Styles - As world champion, Styles has beaten Shinsuke Nakamura, Jinder Mahal, Samoa Joe, Rusev, Dean Ambrose, John Cena and Daniel Bryan. He didn't get pinned all that much and he has plenty of powerful moves.

Triple H - He is stronger, tougher and harder than Ric Flair really. Triple H gave The Undertaker one of his most difficult challenges at Wrestlemania. Triple H also defeated the likes of Shawn Michaels, Chris Jericho, Dean Ambrose and John Cena.

Randy Orton - Orton was really hard to put down and he also has the RKO which has helped him get many pins.

Savage was pretty strong and that diving elbow drop was strong.

Kurt Angle - Randy Savage definitely was one of the superstars who could take out Hulk Hogan but he was no Kurt Angle.

Update:

Here are a couple of questions you can ask:

"Which wrestlers are weak at promos but are strong at wrestling?"

"Which wrestlers are weak at wrestling but are strong at promos?"

"Which wrestlers are good at both promos and wrestling?"

" Which wrestlers are bad at both promos and wrestling'?"

• 4 months ago

Hulk Hogan

The Undertaker

Brock Lesnar

Shawn Michaels

WWE Kurt Angle

Shawn Michaels 05'

Mark Henry

Kane

Trish Stratus

Rey Mysterio

Mark Henry

CM Punk

AJ Styles

Triple H

Randy Orton

Kurt Angle

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 months ago

*Hulk Hogan. Hogan from the 80s was very rarely pinned(If he was pinned anyway) and he was dominant over the majority of those superstars back then. Even when Cena got that Big Show sized push, he still lost a lot via pinfall.

*The Undertaker - The Undertaker manage to maintain 21 WM winning streak and went over some of WWE's strongest superstars. Roman Reigns, like Sanji said, is another wrestler that's lacking a lot and doesn't truly deserve the push he received and he certainty didn't deserve to beat The Undertaker at WM 33.

*Brock Lesnar - This question is about who's harder to beat, not who has had the longest unpinned/unsubmitted streak. Lesnar clearly is harder to beat because he combines his UFC with his wrestling and plus his physique. Andre The Giant was a truly big guy but he could still be taken out if you target his legs and other really big guys like Killian Dain can bring him down.

*Seth Rollins - It's very annoying that Seth beat Lesnar and Strowman but he is still a lot harder to beat than The Heartbreak Kid.

*Kurt Angle WWE - What has Kurt done in TNA? Easily Kurt Angle from WWE.

*Shawn Michaels 2005 - He must have gained more experience.

*Mark Henry - Henry's a legitimate powerhouse with an impressive bodybuilding record. Khali, on the other hand, is an extremely untalented big man that really shouldn't have wrestled. He is slow in the ring, has an extremely limited moveset and is very boring.

*Kane - Both were once monster heels and all but didn't it take like three Tombstone Piledrivers just to beat Kane? It did didn't it? Yeah.

*Trish Stratus - She's the better of the two but Lita isn't far behind.

*Eddie Guerrero - This one is a little weird but Eddie.

*Mark Henry - At least it's Vader that's compared to Henry and not Khali but either way, Henry takes the cake.

*CM Punk - Punk currently has one of WWE's longest title reigns(Not combined!). Cena couldn't stop him and same can be said for rest up until The Rock.

*AJ Styles - Styles went over everyone besides Bryan(I know he beat Bryan but I mean Bryan was the one who took his title by underhanded tactics). Styles pinned Cena too.

*Triple H - How could you compare them together? Triple H defeated Steve Austin, HBK and Rock. Flair was just a really good wrestler with a okay finisher.

*Randy Orton - It's pretty close anyway.

*Kurt Angle - Steve Austin, Brock Lesnar, John Cena, Samoa Joe, Mick Foley, The Undertaker and Shawn Michaels have all tapped out to Kurt Angle's Ankle Lock. Enough said.

• 4 months ago

Hulk Hogan(80's) and

The Undertaker

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago

It's really just a question of who was scheduled to win or lose that particular night.  You do know pro wrestling is rigged, right ?  I didn't want to be the first to tell you. 

• Uzaif
    Lv 4
    4 months ago

John Cena

The Undertaker

Brock Lesnar

Shawn Michaels

Kurt Angle: WWE

Shawn Michaels: 1996

Mark Henry

Kane

Trish Stratus and Lita both. I can't choose one

Eddie Guerrero

Vader

Both, I can't choose one

Randy Savage

Triple H

Randy Orton

Bret Hart

• 4 months ago

Hogan - Hogan only ever really lost to Ultimate Warrior cleanly lol (Cena could lose by heel tactics and now and then put over a big star like Orton, Styles, Edge etc) but lose nonetheless.

Undertaker speaks for itself with the streak

Andre -  Lesnar can lose if your name is Seth Rollins.

Michael's in 2005.. he bettered himself as performer with age like a fine wine.

Does this even need an answer?

Mark Henry is a legend, true strongman and was amazing for his size. His hall of pain era will be remembered for years.

Khali is a joke and wasn't relevant for very long

Big Show or Kane

- a tough one, slight edge to Kane he was unstoppable when he debuted.

Trish or Lita - also tough, I do think heel Lita in 06 barely lost though. Though Trish's legacy is that bit bigger

Rey or Eddie

Rey was never too hard to beat, he would just eventually have his moment where he won in the big feud but get beat up until then lol especially with his world title runs. Eddie was better in that regard but both are legends.

Vader was harder to beat.

2006 Edge was one of the only guys who could knock off John Cena at that time. Edge over Punk in any regard. (Sorry ic trolls)

Aj Styles as WWE champion was rarely beaten.

Triple H in evolution just buried EVERYBODY so he wins despite Flair being an all time great.

Orton in his prime was untouchable unless your name was Triple H.

Kurt Angle.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Hulk Hogan as. Roman Reigns was never unbeatable. WWE were planning on making him that unbeatable guy, but everyone booed him so then WWE had to constantly change plans for him, and had to make him lose more matches, so that fans would start to like him. And to make it look like they weren't trying so hard to push him, which they were. 

• Candle
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Hogan.  It was rare to beat Hogan in the 80's.  His first run with the gold was longer than John Cena's combined reign time with the belt.  That's all you really need to know.

The Undertaker.  Roman's never been unbeatable.  While true that he's been hard sold to the WWE universe, he never got the 'super man' treatment that everyone claims, or at least not for a long period of time.  If anything, it could be argued that WWE's done everything within their power to make him seem vulnerable.  Undertaker, on the other hand, was a gatekeeper and a mettle tester.  Victories don't come easy over the Dead Man

Andre.  Andre the Giant went undefeated for 15 years.

I'm almost tempted to say it's pretty even between Shawn and Rollins.  Shawn spent most of his prime a chicken sh!t heel running away from fights, but when forced to wrestle he went up against the best of his era and sometimes lost.  Seth's overcame some insurmountable odds as well, but he too usually has someone watching his back or an escape, a cheap way to manipulate the odds, or an route planned.  Even as a babyface he still acts overly desperate at times.  I'm tempted to say Shawn simply because he found himself in way over his head more times than Seth and pulled out the victory, but on the other hand Seth's got a pretty good record against opponents that probably should've beaten him...tie.

TNA Kurt.  He was a standard bearer who once held half their titles (and maybe all at one point? I forget who won the match against Joe for all of the gold).

'05 Michaels.  Again, like the Undertaker, he became that upper echelon gatekeeper.  He was a living, breathing, arguably in his prime, legend.

Mark Henry.  Khali was only a serious threat for maybe 4-to-6 months and quickly became a monster of the week to be fed to Cena, whereas Mark kept coming back from the kind of angles that destroyed Khali's career.  

Kane.  Prime Kane was unstoppable.  Big Show has never been unstoppable.  The Giant in WCW? He had his moments, but Big Show was never really capitalized on seriously for long.

It's hard to say because they were their own competition, but Trish was the one that WWE probably liked more, so I'm guessing Trish.

Eddie.  Eddie's an opportunist whereas Rey was a perpetual underdog, especially in WWE against bigger opponents.

Vader.  WCW Vader was a world beater.  Mark's sadly never had a long career stretch like that where he was the dominant force of the company.

Edge.  Again, it's the Lita/Trish thing all over again.  Edge has always been a man that's been in Vince's good graces.  Even when the Brood came in, the intent was to get Edge over above all else.

AJ Styles.  WWF treated Savage like a schmuck in the main event scene, and WCW simply stacked him on top of a pile of other names and solidified his second banana status to Hogan with the nWo stuff.  AJ's been a bit more successful than that everywhere he's landed.

Triple H.  Like I mentioned in the Bockwinkel debate way back, Flair may have won the belt 16+ times, but he lost it 16+ times as well,  Triple H had the benefit of learning from Flair's strengths and incorporating his own to back it up.  They were both men perpetually surrounded by an entourage of enforcers, both man are prone to bending the rules as well, but Triple H also became a bigger and stronger athlete than Flair.

They're kind of in the same place, really.  I'm biased to say Savage may have the bigger edge, but they both had their character weaknesses to be exploited.  I'll say Randy wins and Randy loses and let you sort it out in the wash.

Bret was probably harder to beat because he was all they had at one point and was presented as the best on the roster.  Kurt's never had that honor outside of TNA and other non-WWE bookings.  I'll say Bret simply because Kurt wasn't always the most dominant force in the WWE and when he was in TNA he was sort of a gatekeeper who was willing to put younger talent over, perhaps sometimes too readily considering some of the results (or lack there of) that have come from him doing so.

• 4 months ago

I had to write my answer here to your previous question due to being unable to see some of my answers and unable to write back in the comments. I suspect this to be either a bug or I keep being reported. Either way this need to be fixed or stop.

To your question being "how is KENTA's work in NJPW?" It's pretty decent. KENTA had a bit of rust when debuting because of his short absence but adjusted pretty well.His best matches so far IMO was against Tanahashi and Zack Sabre Jr.

• Spyro4 months agoReport

Oh, I see. Thanks for letting me know that. I think that is a bug, cause I don't know what anybody would gain out of reporting your answer, and you already know I didn't, lol.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Writing the script where one wins instead of the other is equally difficult.  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.