S asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 2 months ago

Why do people act different on social media than in real life?

A lot of my friends and the people I know at school seem to act completely different on

Instagram and Snapchat. On social media people tend to act more rude, cool, and sometimes even evil (ex. Adding devil horns in their selfie filters) but then when I see them in real life they act a little bit normal and nicer. It’s so fake and unpredictable! What’s wrong with my generation (pre teens and teens especially high school aged kids) seriously? 🤦🏻‍♀️ Someone please tell me.

The internet is what's wrong with most of us.

Basically its a fake life, plus you can like be whatever tbh. You can even lie about your self. Plus its a trend to have that kind of photo edit (aka filters, gang signs, acting like some weird *** edgy kid, etc.) People just do this too to get acceptance from peers. Social media is honestly ****** up but the kids nowadays are just more ****** up than ever.

Well as a 14 year old and a freshman in high school I have experience in this topic. People on social media know that it everyone who follows them is a close friend or immediate family. So they feel that they can spice their life up a bit and make it look like they have an incredible life. People are meaner in social media because they can edit their pictures to be more confident and it's easier to be rude to someone through social media than in real life. It's called cyber bullying. In person people feel less confident in being rude but, on social media then don't care what they say because they don't realize that it will affect them alter. For instance if a college they applied for looks then up and sees pictures of them getting drunk or messages of them being rude or inappropriate they can deny acceptance. 

Source(s): My own life