Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsMartial Arts · 2 months ago

I am 32 years old.  Will I be laughed at if I join a Karate class?

19 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Only if its not a very good school or with crappy instructors. Something like that was not allowed at my school and gym and woe to any individual that broke that rule. Then they would be in for some embarrassment themselves. Most won't though because they remember what it was like for they to start out and the difficulties they had. You might even find them helpful and positive which is what I encouraged.

I also told any new individuals to keep a positive mental attitude and keep trying and to pay attention and eventually they will get things. What they were learning was a new way to use their body and muscles and that takes a little time and getting used to. Everyone doing all those things that they couldn't do or couldn't do as well started out just like they are and that included myself. If you keep that message in mind then you will be doing things just like they after a time and some of it sooner than you think so stay positive and get started.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Definitely not - the whole premise of martial arts is about respect.

Age is merely a number - go for it!

• 2 months ago

So what ! Learn to do the chop chop moves and teach those who laugh the error of their ways by giving them some high kicks and round houses.

• Bon
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

If you really are 32 yeas old, you wouldn't care unless you are a 32 year old still living at home with your parents.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

You shouldn’t care what other people think of you it’s your life do what makes you happy 

• 2 months ago

I started in my mid 40's and got  my black belt...never too late

• Cooper2 months agoReport

yes.... anything past 5 is too late 

• 2 months ago

Only if you get into the under 10 age group.

• Lôn
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No, of course not...there were all ages at our karaté club.

• 2 months ago

no you need to learn self defense

• 2 months ago

if you're no good at karate then yes. why would you join a karate class at this age when all the kids there are age 10-14?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.