promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Can anyone help with this computer issue? (Picture below)?

Attachment image

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

Your hard drive needs to be replaced and since that is an all in one pc it is gonna be like h e l l trying to remove the hard disk drive.

If you don't feel comfortable doing that yourself I suggest you get some technition over to swap it out. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

Okay friend that's a common warning that means that your hard drive is about to fail. If you can get your hard drive to boot up immediately use an external hard drive to make a system image. And the accompanying CD. You'll find that utility in the control panel under backup and restore upper left-hand side make a system image. As soon as you have a system image if you can manage to boot your hard drive. Turn your computer off put a new hard drive in and then put the CD that you have just made into the slot and boot to the CD use the CD to restore your system image onto the new hard drive you won't lose any data any programs or anything it'll come back exactly the way your old hard drive looked. If it won't boot at all well you've lost everything on your hard drive and you'll have to install a new hard drive and a new operating system.

• 6 months ago

yes - a decent pc repair shop

back up / copy an files you have on your machine to another device

• 6 months ago

Yeah that is a hard drive failure (or soon to be). SMART is Self-Monitoring, Analysis And Reporting Tool. It is basically a feature in hard drives that can predict when a drive will fail.

The only fix is to replace the hard drive. It is a relatively simple task. The only issue would be getting Windows back on. If your system had Windows 7 on it, you will need to somehow obtain a Windows 7 disk. You might be able to order it from HP or, you can check this link: https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/676728/i... This isn't illegal. Just make sure you download the correct Windows 7 edition. The majority of consumer PCs run a Home edition of Windows. You will need the product key (usually on the back or bottom or side) in order to activate Windows correctly. You will need another working PC in order to download a burn the ISO image or create a bootable flash drive.

• Kobie6 months agoReport

Thank you my friend

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Pyrus
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Oh, it seems that you have a bad HDD. It could be a problem with the bus interface, but I'm guessing it's the drive that has finally failed. In other words, you have to replace your hard disk. There might still be a small chance for you to recover your files if you can externally connect it to another computer using an SATA to USB converter with a 12V/1A adapter as a power supply, but it could be so bad that you can no longer recover anything from it. All in all, you need to replace the HDD. 

The error that you are given is telling you that the SATA is not detecting the HDD, in which the operating system (OS) is located, hence the second error of the OS. 

Now, it could just be the operating system itself that's failing to due heavy corruption of its system files, but I highly doubt it in this case, because it would have at least tried to boot before giving you such an error. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.