Can you send and receive texts if your cellphone is on airplane mode?

Favorite Answer

No airplane mode totally cuts off your network and it isolates you two doing only local things whatever is on your cell phone games or documents or pictures you can play with you just can't make phone calls or go on the internet

• L

It depends."Airplane mode" used to turn off all the radios in the smartphone, including the macro network, WiFi and Blue Tooth...

Today, the macro network is shut off... but WiFi and

blue Tooth can be active. I just got back to SMF from DFW. Airplane mode was active, but WiFi was on so I could use American Airlines in-flight entertainment (video selections) and used my blue tooth headsets...

If you can send/receive texts using WiFi (I use iMessage, so I can), then you should be fine.

If your cell phone is not a smartphone with "Airplane mode" and you can only send/receive text messages using the cell service provider macro network for SMS, then, no, you cannot get there from here because your cellphone should be off and would be out of range of a cell antenna if you're flying at 35,000 feet...

• Fuhr

That would be a big no.

nope, cuz there is no internet connection