I have 2003 Nissan sentra.  My heater switch has 4 settings, low to high speed. Recently, 1 through 3 has stopped working. ?

High speed still works so I do have heat. Is this something simple to fix or is it more involved to take care of it? 

Favorite Answer

When the slower speeds don't work but the blower motor works on high the resister pack is fried and needs replacing. The resister pack likely fried because the blower motor is bad and drawing too many amps. I'd replace the blower motor and resister pack at the same time so you don't fry the new resister pack. Watch a youtube video for replacing them on your vehicle to see if you can do the work yourself.Advance Auto has the parts.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech / Infiniti Tech
  • Jay P

I'll second the blower regulator/resistor as the most likely issue.

The switch is probably bad, this should not prevent the heater from working. You may need to replace the switch.

You are not talking about your heater settings.  You are talking about the blower settings.  The blower resistor is likely broken.  Get it replaced.  One hour labor plus parts.  Good luck

• Sandy

that car is 16 years old. you're lucky ANY of the settings work.