I want a 2.1 bluetooth sound system for my room that i control with my phone, does this exist?

All i want is 2 speakers and the active subwoofer. (No receiver!) i just want to download the app on my phone, turn it on from my phone, adjust the volume from my phone, and play all my songs digitally. Any info appreciated thanks

Favorite Answer

Just search online for “media streamers”.

I bought a *very* cheap one from LIDL last year under their exclusive “SilverCrest” brand. 

It plugs into a spare input on my 5.1 surround sound amplifier and is controlled by the SilverCrest phone app. It connects perfectly well to my Spotify Premium app, and also has a worldwide radio internet radio browser. My wife can also get her Amazon Music on the device using her phone.

If one of the very cheapest media streamers can do that (it cost me just £22) then you should be able to find others which do it as well. Phone control makes sense for the manufacturer as it saves them the expense of designing and manufacturing a dedicated remote control.

Link to the app posted below so you can get an idea how it works (iPhone app, if you use Android then search for SilverCrest on their app store).

• Ramiro2 months agoReport

No i meant 2 separate speakers and a separate subwoofer. I appreciate your help though

That calls for a complete matched speaker/subwoofer system 

with all the electronics built into it --- 

PRECISELY what I and others keep telling people to Avoid. 

If you insist on having such a thing, 

be prepared to spend more than what a receiver and proper speakers would cost 

for the same level of quality. 

Generally, you should be thinking in the range of $600 to $2,000. 

• Ramiro2 months agoReport

Thats what i meant, with the electronics hidden inside in some way. But for cheap though