Krista asked in PetsReptiles · 2 months ago

I asked “What breed is this snake?”  The pic I used was not clear. I have better pics now if anyone can update. ?

Attachment image

5 Answers

Relevance
  • oikoσ
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The flat sides of the body indicate that it is one of the rat snakes. There are several with similar patterns. It could be a black rat snake, as some have suggested. Knowing the general location might help.

• ...Show all comments
    • joeparker67
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

I know they make bobsleighs repellents they just don’t work.     Like you said the only think that works is to keep the food away. Do marking sure there is no place around the house mice or rats would stay in. 

• Login to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

I would say that’s a Baby black rat snake 

• joeparker67
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

Do not listen to the person that said rattle snake or baby Burmese python they are clueless. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Looks like some sort of ratsnake or gopher snake or even the prairie kingsnake. These snakes are all close relatives of each other. Non-venomous. Ratlesnakes are short and chubby and they have a tail that ends bluntly into a rattle.

• 2 months ago

Saw a tree branch just like this. sorry, you must get a decent photo of the head and overall snake for any proper ID, added plus is showing eye pupils tail areas.

• Krista2 months agoReport

I found this on a glue board after returning from vacation. Head has started decomposing. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Shay
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Based on watching nature shows, I would either guess a type of rattlesnake or a Burmese python.

Google search for images of the skins of these two kinds of snakes to see if it helps you determine which one it is.

You could also ask animal control in your area.  They might know what it is based on snakes that are common in your area.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.