How come no today musician cannot compose musical piece as complex as Classical pieces?

look at today music.even best Rock,Metal or film score pieces are nothing more than simple minor chords with solo that go up and down those chords..even the most complex solos are nothing but few arpeggio of minor or major chords.any medicore pianist can play any modern song by practicing a day at most.while playing Classical pieces needed years of practicing..

why ?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Try Frank Zappa .

• jason2 months agoReport

there are exeptions of course..i know frank zappa...and Jazz music has that complex also...

• Login to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

First, it appears that you consider what you are calling Classical music, as works such as Beethoven and Mozart composed.  True, the term is usedused to both denote a historical and stylist genre - and as a general term for what should be called ART music - composed to the highest standards, whatever year.  I am a career classical musician and multidegreed music theorist - and bfind your ranting on this to need some guidance. As Dog says - you are comparing Katie Perry to the thousands of fine serious computers we now have.  Not just film composers, although many are excellent - but serious composers of music that exemplifies their technique and creativity.  DH and I always include at least one fine libing composer on every concert program we do - and we will never run out.  Great things are being written faster than we can find/learn/ program them.  You need to find the world in which millions of us travel, daily.  

• ...Show all comments

i'm a pro musician,Composer and trained Pianist who has been on various stages and touring for about 17 years.so yea i know what i'm talking about.thanx for GF advice but still has nothing to do with our topic

• Dog
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

You are comparing apples to oranges.  There is a LOT of classical music being written today.  And it's often quite complex and challenging.  Where are you looking?  Even iTunes or Spotify has contemporary classical music.

really?if they compose that piece "today" u cannot call it "Classical"...and i'm musician who listen to all genres...tell me one musical piece from our era as complex as tchaicovski or Beethoven

• 2 months ago

because people are lazy and they all depend on a  laptop in making music! i wish we cann all go back to the old days where we (the musicians) can just sit down in a room with a guitar and record songs

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.