Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicOther - Music · 2 months ago

What is the more difficult music genre to perform: Jazz or Heavy Metal?

• mars
    Favorite Answer

Jazz imo. Heavy Metal is mostly Blues based modal riffs. Jazz is it's own language, and is more cerebral.

Jazz, because it actually requires talent to perform it.

• Gordon2 months agoReport

Well, some progressive metal, with it's odd time signatures, extended arpeggios and complex compositions requires a lot of talent. Many metal players are highly skilled. I've been [laying for 35 years, so know a little about it.

• Donna

Metal. It's the voice and vocals.

I would personally say Jazz.  But it does kinda depend on what Jazz musicians and Heavy Metal musicians you're talking about.  If you're talking about Dave Brubeck for Jazz and Cannibal Corpse for Metal, then I would say Cannibal Corpse is superior.  But if you're talking about Coltrane, Mingus, or Herbie, then I would say Jazz.

In my opinion, Heavy Metal. I enjoy listening to Jazz more though. Not very fond of Heavy Metal, although I appreciate the skill level required.