Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 4 months ago

Christians always get mad when I inform them that the bible was one of 3 factors that made me an atheist. Why do they hate truth so much ?

They hate truth so much, I dare not say say what the other 2 factors were...

Favorite Answer

The last thing religious people want is the truth.

Was one of them "Christian" behavior?

No, I don't hate the truth.

• Nous

Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived.”

― Isaac Asimov

It ain't those parts of the Bible that I can't understand that bother me, it is the parts that I do understand. Mark Twain

The bible is what is called "Faction” A fictional story set in a factual time and place. Thus the time, place and real historical characters are all correct but the fictional characters and stories are not!

There is not one single mention of Jesus in the entire Roman record - that is right - not one! At the same time as he was supposed to have been around there were a number of Jews claiming to be the messiah - all of whom are well recorded!

There is not a single contemporary record from any source and even the bible mentions of him like all other references were not written until many years after his supposed death!

He was supposed to have been a huge problem to the Romans and produced wonderful miracles but still not one contemporary record?

Even the bible mentions of him like all other references were not written until many years after his supposed death!

Pilate is recorded in the Roman record as a somewhat lack luster man but no mention of a Jesus, a trial or crucifixion that would surely have been used to make him look brighter!

At best he was an amalgam of those others but almost certainly never existed!

Not one word of it is contemporary with the period and was not written until several hundred years after the period the story is set in!! How did the apostles write their books more than a hundred years after they would have been dead?

Christianity is an invention of the Italians and that is why it came from the Holy ROMAN Catholic church!

Please realize that those claims for the Old historians are worthless since they were not even born until long after everyone in the stories would have been so long dead!

Josephus AD 37 – AD 100

Tacitus AD 56 – AD 120

Suetonius - 69 – 130 AD

Pliny the Younger, 61 AD – 112 AD

Justin Martyr (Saint Justin) AD103–165 AD

Lucian - AD 120 -180 AD but he was hostile to Christianity and openly mocked it.

Pamphilius AD 240-309 AD

Eusebius AD 263 – 339 AD

Photius AD 877 – 886 AD

Thallus - But there are no actual record of him except a fragment of writing which mentions the sack of Troy [109 BC] Showing that he was clearly not alive in biblical times.

Some even try to use Seneca. 4 BCE – 65 CE but as a Stoic Philosopher he opposed religion yet made not a single mention of a Jesus or Christianity!

Even funnier is trying to claim Celsus AD ? – 177 AD Who said that Jesus was a Jew who’se mother was a poor Jewish girl whose husband, who was a carpenter, drove her away because of her adultery with a Roman soldier named Panthera. She gave birth to an illegitimate child named Jesus. In Egypt, Jesus became learned in sorcery and upon his return presented himself as a god.

They can't handle the truth.

• Your own hard heart made you an atheist because the truth is not in you.

• 4 months agoReport

Judge judge lie lie. Exactly what I expected. 
      In reality, I can spot fiction for what it is, and your false god is the most homicidal maniac in all of fiction. 

• Paul

Sounds like you are the one who never found truth. Hundreds of millions of Christians have done so.

• 4 months agoReport

B I L L I O N S of muslims have found salvation through Mohamad as well. So who is right?

• Why do we care if you choose DAMNATION and hellfire? Don’t believe the Bible? Then BEGONE.

• 4 months agoReport

I've been suspecting it, but he acts JUST like one so it's hard to tell..

• Enigma

You're no threat,so scram.

• 4 months agoReport

Um... your post was unrelated to the question. What are you, illiterate?

Reported for trolling and lying about us True Christians. The Holy Bible never turned anyone away from the True Truth.

God's going to get you in the end.  

The agony you will experience is beyond belief.

• 4 months agoReport

I always adore being spewed from head to toe in Christian "love"... such lovely bile..