Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesJeep · 2 months ago

2016 jJeep Patriot 2.4 liter high altitude. Buy or pass? I ve read good reviews and horror stories about them.?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Jason
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Depends. I would prefer a 4WD with the 6-speed automatic. If it's a FWD with a CVT then I'd pass. 

• Login to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

That 2.4 is the world engine and not the multiair. Real good engine, havent seen anything that would keep me from buying one. I would make sure that jeep is not equipt with the CVT transmission. If its not a CVT then yes, if you happen to run into the manual version then buy it and hold on to it.

Source(s): Chrysler Tech
  • 2 months ago

We have had a lot of Jeeps --this particular Jeep  ( the Patriot) in my opinion is a Jeep without the Beep.

• 2 months ago

dont buy a chrysler product. They are known to fall apart infront of your very eyes. jeep patriot or jeep wrangler might looks tough but its actually just a big box of garbage  on big wheels

If you want a good strong offroader, go for a suzuki jimny or a toyota 4runner...these two cars are unstoppable beasts on the trails. or just buy any other toyota SUV if you dont like the 2 i mentioned They will last for decades with little maintenance. I really hope my answer convinces you not to waste your money on a jeep

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Pass. Only Jeeps really worth considering are the Wrangler and Cherokee (maybe Gladiator.)

• ...Show all comments
    • F
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

I had a Cherokee in 2000. Appalling quality way behing Japanese and German cars.

• John
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

pass for reasons unknown

• John2 months agoReport

Thanks!

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

It is a Jeep. Pass.

• John2 months agoReport

Thanks!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.