Katie asked in PetsReptiles · 2 months ago

Can someone help me identify what kind of baby lizard this is?

I found him in our bathroom and I live in alabama. I dont know if lizards are a geographical kinda thing so I included where I live...

Attachment image

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

It's a house gecko.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

I love Gecko's! I had a Tokay Gecko for about 4 years until he died. Such wonderful animals. They eat insects and in some cultures it's considered "good luck" to have Gecko's in your house! 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

It is a house gecko. They have toe pads that can allow them to climb walls and even walk across ceilings. They have established themselves in the SE USA, where they are not native. They are native in Eurasia. Geckos are nocturnal, with vertically slit pupils. Most lizards are mute, but geckos still have their vocal cords. They may call, and that is probably the most annoying thing about them, because most people have no idea what those strange noises are and where they come from. They prefer to live inside people's houses. They feed on insects, including cockroaches, moths and crickets. During the day they usually hide behind medicine cabinets, furniture, wall mounted mirrors or other crevices. They are not venomous but the larger ones, like the Tokay gecko, can deliver a pretty painful bite.

• Katie2 months agoReport

Thank you! This was very helpful for knowing what to feed it because my little sister decided to keep it XD

• 2 months ago

Nope I cant sorryy

• Nigel
      Lv 4
      2 months agoReport

Then why respond? 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

It’s a Mediterranean house gecko ;)

• Katie2 months agoReport

Thank you!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.