Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

Depression ?

How long does depression last without treatment?

The only reason that I’m asking because my (ex)girlfriend push me away. She been suffering depression for years and she doesn’t open up to me the only reason I know she depressed because her friend told me. There’s times that she message me first then leaves me on read. 

Her meds don’t help..

We are in a break 

Depression can't be cured. Meds can help keep you stabke, but they don't always work.

If it's clinical depression (term used for depression caused by brain damage) then rest of your life. There is no cure for clinical depression. Situational depression may last from a few days to an year at most but not more than that.

it can last a lifetime

advised to wear a white pearl in gold ring

in right hand 3rd finger and see the

effect in two months

a life time, of course.

"With in thirty to ninety days of an extremely elating or depressing event a person will return to their former state of happiness"

I read that some place back about 1995 and it scared me because I knew that for forty five years my state of happiness was to some a state of depression. That with out deciding to be happy, I would not be happy.

What I am saying is that some of us have been depressed for so long that is where we are comfortable and as long as we are comfortable nothing will change.

As for treatment- that can be cheap or expensive. What worked for me is cheap, but difficult. I kept a gratitude list for years. The first month every day I would read the list of things I was grateful for and would add five more things. Now I still am adding things to that list daily but the list is too long to read every day. The difficult one was being grateful for the "good and the seemingly bad".

To answer the question one more time:

A person will remain depressed as long as they want to and then some in most cases.

It can last for years. Ive known people who were depressed for 10 years...i hope you dont experience that and gain happyness

forever! I do treatment for depression unfortunately has no cure, I have had several relapses.