Why does the hypocrisy of Christians continue to surprise me? They complain when we hold them to a higher standard, but don't they invite it?

I mean, saying you're the chosen people of the creator of the universe kind of invites criticism.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

Sad , isn't it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Hypocrisy is in that chair of which you are, you're ready with your wings to go to hell!

The chosen people are addressed to all those people who convert to God, you are part of Satan, and you will go with him to hell!

• 2 weeks ago

Perhaps your time could be better spent discovering why they were chosen and you were not.

• 2 weeks ago

Well Christians should be humble and obey and put into practice Gods word

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 weeks ago

They don't understand the ramifications of their 'logic'.

~

• Cowboy
    Lv 6
    2 weeks ago

The chosen people of the Bible are Jewish - there were NO Christians when the Old Testament was written.

• 2 weeks ago

Thinking you are invited to judge people seems to absolve you from guilt, but it really doesn't

• Speaking of higher standards, it seems I owe everyone an apology. Because I was caught trolling while reporting troll questions. That wasn't okay.

As regards something that was said earlier, I would qualify it as a half-truth. Those with whom I share links to troll questions are not attacking innocent answers. That's not what it's about.

• 2 weeks ago

Hypocrisy of people is always surprising to me. But specifically for Christians, higher standards are warned about in their Bible:

James 3:1 Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness.

The ones who have put very little thought into their ministry (which is tantamount to running around the internet thinking "Everyone has a right to an opinion, so go away!") are the ones most likely to fall into the hypocrisy trap. It's like people who go into government, churches or put on DEPUTY BADGES (!!!). They fail to see higher standards come with higher calling.

• Rufus T. Firefly
      Lv 7
      2 weeks agoReport

I just saw your bullsht comment see something say something. But not if it exposes you?
      FK OFF.

• We INVITE you to repent daily. We present the Bible, the miracles, the TURIN shroud, yet you turn your head the other way. We cannot help the voluntarily BLIND.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.