Do atheists have devout faith in the btg bang baloney?

• Favorite Answer

They think the BIG BANG is their savior. Hilarious.

They're right that it occurred. They're incorrect about why it happened.

I don't know about "devout", but I do trust what science has to say on this topic and understand their explanation. This is purely out of curiosity as it doesn't matter if it is true or not or if they are mistaken. Atheism has nothing to do with what science has to say, it has to do with finding the claim of magical super Beings unbelievable and unsupported. Put another way, I cannot find fault with the science behind the Big Bang theory, but quickly find fault with religions ideologies about these magical super Beings. Where even if the Big Bang is wrong, I cannot yet find fault with the scientists explanation and thus cannot yet rule it out as wrong. Religions, I can, where using the Bible as an example, find fault on page one followed by a mountain of faults throughout. While religions being wrong doesn't rule out unknown Gods, it does rule out "their" Gods. But with Gods, I am looking for anything to support the concept, with the Big Bang, I'm looking for anything to refute it. See the difference.

• SBR32277
      1 week agoReport

@bobby, I tried to dumb it down for you but like I said, it doesn't matter what science has to say in terms of me finding the claims of theists both unbelievable and unsupported. If you want more in depth understanding, there is plenty for you to look into concerning the Big Bang Theory.

• Piero

Not faith. I accept the theory as being the best available at this time.

• bobby2 weeks agoReport

The story of creation was available long before the baby talk big bang nonsense was dreamed up

• Paul

Yes, they do, as do all other educated people, regardless of their religious affiliation.

• bobby2 weeks agoReport

)I'm extremely educated(2 mathematical degrees) and not religious so that's a bunch of baloney.

• Cowboy

This question is a meaningless noise...

• bobby2 weeks agoReport

Takes one to know one.No answer of course

The one proposed by a catholic priest, you mean? No, it does not require faith, because is is supported by evidence.

• bobby2 weeks agoReport

Evidence?Is that the same as the evidence of atheist intelligence?

Atheism is the disbelief in gods. It has nothing to do with science and vice versa. The Big Bang is science and is accepted by theists and atheists alike because the evidence for it is so strong. It is the best explanation we have so far for the origins of the universe.

• bobby2 weeks agoReport

Just as gay fairies have no problem with men turning into women

We atheists have no faith... We have knowledge... 

You deny science because of superstitious fear.

I pity you. 

• bobby2 weeks agoReport

You have knowledge?You don't know your a** from a hole in the ground.

• barty

Accepting objective evidence is the opposite of faith.

• bobby2 weeks agoReport

The universe and  life on Earth are objective evidence.Refusing to accept the only complete ex'planation of them is the opposite of sanity!