Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 3 weeks ago

i have UTI and 13. my mum isnt doing anything about it. i am in so much pain. can i have some advice on what to d?

Favorite Answer

drink lots of cranberry juice and go to the doctor or school nurse and ask for nitrofurantoin or trimethoprim girls and women get UTIs ALL the time

• 3 weeks agoReport

thanks :)

• juliet

That is awful that your mother isn’t doing anything. Not only are UTIs uncomfortable, but they can quickly progress to something my serious, like a kidney infection. UTIs are common and benign, but they aren’t really the type of thing that just correct themselves. It’s be optimal for you to see a doctor and get on an antibiotic like Azithromycin.

At the very least, drink cranberry juice and keep your vaginal area clean. How do you think you got the UTI? Are you wiping from front to back (this is the correct way to wipe)? If you are having sex (which I hope you’re not at 13), are you peeing after? Are you masturbating with invasive objects? Are you holding in your pee too long(this causes bacteria to colonize. Pathogens LOVE stationary liquid)? Is your blood sugar high? Your mother needs to investigate this. What kind of mom just does nothing?