My friends seem to think that just because I vote Democrat means that I'm a communist. How do I demonstrate that this is a stupid notion?

Favorite Answer

Just tell them to shut their stupid racist Birther Mouth.

The best way would be to start voting Republican.

Have them arrested for insulting you. Then put them in hard labor. All their kids, grandkids, great grandkids, etc. will be forced to scrub toilets.

• Murzy

They are just ignorant and don't understand the democratic process.

If your friends are American, all you need to do is prove Americans are stupid, which is an easy task.

Living in California, I have come to the conclusion that the blot on liberalism is not it's platform, but the idea of big government elites controlling us. You sense it everywhere here and it feels like everything in Califiornia is over regulated. A couple of years ago, I was talking to a store owner about the high taxes here. She surprised me when she said "I wish they would take more. Can you imagine all the good they could do with it?"

I think that what republicans fear, is the loss of freedom that we fought so hard to get and maintain. Other countries would like our freedom, yet there are many here who want to relinquish it in favor of government control. In the past, there have been free societies that had some people who wanted a king so that they would be able to get what they want by force. With freedom comes some boundaries. In order to have it, we cannot have everything we want.

How many Democrats are claiming to be Democratic Socialists? Would you vote for them? Given no other option, would you vote for a Republican in order to stop a communist candidate like Bernie from winning??

• I could point to 2 capitalist countries that are vastly different. Wtf does that prove? Nothing!

• -j.

Republicans in 2016: "Hillary Clinton is a corporatist Wall Street whore!"

Also Republicans in 2016: "The DNC was totally in the bag for Hillary Clinton!"

Again Republicans in 2016: "The DNC are all Marxist-Leninists!"

Ask yourself on what planet this combination of allegations makes any sense at all.  Does this strike you as a group with well-developed critical thinking skills?

• Bob
      2 weeks agoReport

It doesn't matter if it's true unless you are a Democrat then suddenly you need to be accountable for what you say. The Republicans will try anything and take what sticks and build on that lie with Fox. Fox is almost 100% Republican Propaganda.

I think that if it's not obvious to them, there isn't much you can do.

yet you call opposing opinions "racist and bigoted",....sigh

• duhhhhh,.....my name is the game,....duhhhhh,....n this iz how i wuz lerned in homeskule 2 use that stoopid ellipsis librel thingy,......duhhhhh,.....