Wife's jealousy?

We went to dinner with our tour group this evening and there were rounds of beer. There is one young woman in our group that looks good and dresses well. My wife thinks I'm interested in her and has made comments about me liking her etc. Despite the fact that I do not.

We got back to a  romantic cottage and were upgraded to the best room in the house for free. We were both excited. What started out well immediately went south. She started getting angry and fighting with me. Claiming I twice said cheers to the young woman and that my eyes were on the woman.

I drank 3 large German style beers and was feeling tipsy. I was toasting the whole group and one young guy in particular was challenging me.

I seen my wife's angry face and I assumed she was upset because I wasn't helping enough to care for our son. Turns out she thought I was eyeing off the young woman.

Nothing can convince her otherwise. I absolutely did not spend time looking at the young woman. The young woman asked once or twice to toast me and I returned the favour. I had no idea that doing so would cause such a problem. She said it caused her to lose face.

What can I do? A good evening was completely ruined...Nothing I say will convince her the truth that I was in fact turning all my attention to the young guy because we challenging each other.

• glcang
    Favorite Answer

Difficult, yes indeed.

Insecurity has many faces. So what if you DID find the girl attractive..are you supposed to be brain dead when you get married.

Your wife has issues...hopefully she will get help.

You cannot do anything that would please her at this point. Be silent and listen. Don’t defend or deny.

• Soul833 weeks agoReport

I think she withholds sex to punish me. Co aw ima to not be in the mood or too tired. When pushed, she starts saying it's something ice said or done that makes her hate me...

• Linda

You've apologized and she is mad but she can get glad in the same shoes she got mad in. Don't bring it up again and if she keeps harping about it say I told you I didn't and I don't like being accused and I don't want to hear anything more about this and then change the subject. It will blow over eventually.

• .

If she has insecurities about other women on a day to day basis, she will get jealous of a store mannequin that has a nice top or dress on, when you stop and say; My... this dress would sure look good on you. 

I would avoid all places that attract people, go to places where only you and her have time to be. Go on nature walks, garden together, play cards together. In other words, she is being needy right now and seems to want more 1 on 1 time together with you.... Take this as a hint from her, she may not be able to explain herself for one reason or another. But avoid places that attract crowds of people.

When people are drunk, they are often doing things they did not want to do or even realize that they did.

All you would have had to do is give her a look of aspiration and that would have been too much!

How about praying to GOD very seriously and asking GOD for help here? 

• Soul833 weeks agoReport

I went to the church today and prayed for good luck. I got good luck with the room upgrade but it was a waste of time for everything else.

For how much longer will you let her make your life miserable? Either call a divorce lawyer or Tony the Ax.

When you marry a jealous person you pay for the rest of your life.

This is a very good reason why it is not wise to "drink 3 large German style beers" and "feel tipsy."

I have NO idea why members of a tour group, young or old or in between would be "challenging" each other.

• Soul833 weeks agoReport

Chinese culture challenge each other. It's an immature game. I told them I had to slow down.