FELLAS! What would be the primary reason that you would caress a young girls arm in passing or at work? Is that a sign of attraction?

I am fairly new to my job and like to think I've established great relationships with all of my co-workers. I consider myself a fairly attractive woman and as most women do, we know when someone finds us attractive or interesting (even when they fail to verbalize it).

However I wasn't expecting this potential attraction to come from one of the higher level executives at the company I work for. Twice now within the last week he's greeted me with a full hand on my arm and a gentle squeeze anywhere between 1-3 squeezes each time.

The first time threw me off completely(3 squeezes) as it felt very intentional and left me with a pretty shocking urge. I knocked it through trying to justify that perhaps he's just friendly or wanted to assure me that I was doing a good job. (we were at a busy business event and I was on the front lines in handling customers/clients).

It happened again a couple of days later in passing where he put his hand around my arm and lightly squeezed it, and played it off my lightly tapping my fellow female co-worker beside me on the shoulder.

I'd really like to not think in a sexual way towards one of my VP's but for anyone who can help me make sense of perhaps why he's doing this I think it may provide some relief.

The third time was this morning in passing as he was leaving the office for a meeting and as I was walking in late. Oh, and he's married. 

• Foofa

Just looking to get fired for sexual harassment is all. No sane guy would do this in the #MeToo era.

Sounds like he is flirting with you. Squeeze him next time.

• steph

Maybe because your new it’s his way of showing you some encouragement. I wouldn’t jump to conclusions