Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 3 weeks ago

anybody else feel like restauarant food taste better?

i dont know if im weird or whatever but i feel like cooking and slaving over a hot stove takes the joy away from eating. food always taste better when you dont have to cook it yourself and think about all that work you put in

• Dimo
    Favorite Answer

Restaurant food is convenient; and means you don't need to wash dishes.  In better restaurants the food can *look* better; expensive restaurants have fancy pretty means. But restaurant food definitely does NOT taste better than my cooking. 

I am retired, and I can finally take the time to cook whatever I want.  I average over an hour a day doing food shopping.  I average two hours a day preparing dinner.  Time is money.  When I was working, my free time was worth over $40/hour, which is what the company would give me for overtime.   If you are working, and/or if you are single, restaurants are a lot convenient than home cooking.

restaurant food is good

yessssssssssssssssssssss

Depends. I'll treat myself to a nice restaurant meal once in a while, but watch out for unpleasant surprises such as too much seasoning, weird seasoning or no seasoning. The price might bite you, too. Home cooking avoids that but can be boring, too. I ordered my favorite toppings at a new-to-me pizza place and about died. Way over-seasoned. Once I tried an appetizer at an up-scale place and I lost my appetite! (saved $50). Eating out at tried-and-true places is the best. Treat the staff like family. Happy Thanksgiving!

It depends, I think home food always wins but restaurant food tastes really good

No, I don't feel that way. That's because I know how to cook. And I can make a restaurant-quality dish in less time than it takes to get to the restaurant and wait for the order to arrive. While dirtying only two pots, a spatula, one plate and a fork, and not to mention that it costs less than a third of the restaurant price for the same dish. If you practice and think about what you're doing, you can do the same thing.

• denise

Yes, it tastes very good at a restaurant, but its expensive to go all the time.

I make some enjoyable meals at home, its worth it when I see my husband and son eating them and leaving an empty plates!

• oikoσ

I happen to think that some of the things I make at home are better than some of the things I've eaten at restaurants but there is a lot of overlap. For example, there is a restaurant in Port of Spain, just off the Queen's Park Savannah, that makes the best lasagna I ever had [I had the fourth best in Rome]. However, you have to go there at night to get it and are often the only restaurant patron. Go for lunch and the place is jammed and the food and service are terrible. [Caveat: things may have changed since I was there.] 

A few of my original recipes might just be good enough to pass muster in a top restaurant. I've had no complaints about the ones I've published.

• ted

There are some restaurant food that taste better than what I can make.  However, I do prefer to make food

• Mark

I certainly don't.  Most restaurants put a LOT of sodium in their food to make it taste "homemade".  Oh, and I don't think bicuits from a can taste better than homemade ones, either.