Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 weeks ago

Why can't atheists just accept that God is real?

Everything that has a beginning of its existence has a cause of its existence. 

The universe has a beginning of its existence. 

Therefore: 

The universe has a cause of its existence. 

If the universe has a cause of its existence then that cause is God. 

Therefore: 

God exists. 

Just look outside!!!! Obviously it was intelligently designed by a mind more advanced than any of us can even understand. what more proof do non-believers need???????

33 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

"Real" means God would have to be made of actual atoms and molecules and could only exist within the objective physical realm.  Unfortunately, Christianity has a long history of deliberately misrepresenting the nature of reality -- mostly by pretending subjective mental experiences are the basis of reality.  Yes, the universe does have an actual cause of its existence -- namely, the Big Bang -- which has absolutely nothing to do with Christianity's imaginary God.  

I have this opinion because of my scientific education and because I have personally experienced God's presence and know it was a purely mental phenomenon, with no sensory inputs.  In other words, I saw God within my mind and knew perfectly well I was hallucinating, because my eyes were closed.

• Git
    Lv 5
    2 weeks ago

God has an existence. So, what is the cause of god existence?

And in case you say god has always existed, apply this same reasoning to the universe.

• 2 weeks ago

Well the problem is people in general. If a atheist want to be a nonbeliever then let them. I had many atheist friends who asked me: if my parents die will they go to hell because they don't believe in God. I said well scripture say's so. Then I was told well even if God existed I would rather much go to hell with my parents. This is when I decided to save myself and if people got questions I will answer to the best of my abilities. If you want to be a atheist then be my guest but I truly don't care. Because at this point knowing most of them will still curse God even of the day of his revealing says a lot. So let them be.

• 2 weeks ago

why cant religious nuts just accept that there is no proof of ANYTHING that comes out of your mouth??

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 weeks ago

If everything has a beginning then what was the beginning of your god?

• Leo
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

Why does that cause have to be a human concept of God?  Your "logic" is built on a series of assumptions.

• 2 weeks ago

That is some fancy reckoning...

"If the universe has a cause of its existence then that cause is God. "

Or the Easter Bunny or another universe pooped us out from a black hole, or magic,

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

Why can't you accept that your desire for a 'god' doesn't make it so?

• barty
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

"The universe had a beginning, therefore my favorite version of god created it."

That's one giant leap you made there. Scientists are at least willing to consider other explanations, and they haven't found a single thing that points to a god.

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

Fine! I admit it - Allah is real. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.