Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 weeks ago

Why can't atheists just accept that God is real?

Everything that has a beginning of its existence has a cause of its existence. 

The universe has a beginning of its existence. 

Therefore: 

The universe has a cause of its existence. 

If the universe has a cause of its existence then that cause is God. 

Therefore: 

God exists. 

Just look outside!!!! Obviously it was intelligently designed by a mind more advanced than any of us can even understand. what more proof do non-believers need???????

"Real" means God would have to be made of actual atoms and molecules and could only exist within the objective physical realm.  Unfortunately, Christianity has a long history of deliberately misrepresenting the nature of reality -- mostly by pretending subjective mental experiences are the basis of reality.  Yes, the universe does have an actual cause of its existence -- namely, the Big Bang -- which has absolutely nothing to do with Christianity's imaginary God.  

I have this opinion because of my scientific education and because I have personally experienced God's presence and know it was a purely mental phenomenon, with no sensory inputs.  In other words, I saw God within my mind and knew perfectly well I was hallucinating, because my eyes were closed.

• Git

God has an existence. So, what is the cause of god existence?

And in case you say god has always existed, apply this same reasoning to the universe.

Well the problem is people in general. If a atheist want to be a nonbeliever then let them. I had many atheist friends who asked me: if my parents die will they go to hell because they don't believe in God. I said well scripture say's so. Then I was told well even if God existed I would rather much go to hell with my parents. This is when I decided to save myself and if people got questions I will answer to the best of my abilities. If you want to be a atheist then be my guest but I truly don't care. Because at this point knowing most of them will still curse God even of the day of his revealing says a lot. So let them be.

why cant religious nuts just accept that there is no proof of ANYTHING that comes out of your mouth??

If everything has a beginning then what was the beginning of your god?

• Leo

Why does that cause have to be a human concept of God?  Your "logic" is built on a series of assumptions.

That is some fancy reckoning...

"If the universe has a cause of its existence then that cause is God. "

Or the Easter Bunny or another universe pooped us out from a black hole, or magic,

..........

Why can't you accept that your desire for a 'god' doesn't make it so?

• barty

"The universe had a beginning, therefore my favorite version of god created it."

That's one giant leap you made there. Scientists are at least willing to consider other explanations, and they haven't found a single thing that points to a god.

Fine! I admit it - Allah is real.