Militarily speaking: who were more brutal toward civilians; the Japanese against the Chinese or the Soviets against Germans ?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

The Japanese by far.  They were very brutal to the Chinese.  The Russians were harsh with the German civilians.  But I'm not aware of any wide scale murder.  

The Russians had some 20 million dead during the 4 years of occupation & war by German troops.  Me thinks that the Russians had ample reason to be PO'd @ the Germans (that's all Germans).  

• Who
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

the germans murdered more than the japanese - but the japanese were more brutal in their killing

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

I think the Nazis' treatment of their fellow Germans (and Poles and French people, etc.) wins the top prize.

• Tim D
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Logically speaking it is a particularly fruitless exercise to play Top Trumps with history.

There is no league table of brutality.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

The Japanese, in Manchuria.

• martin
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Japanese. What they did against Chinese was savagery not found in the Western World. Hitler double-crossed Stalin after the two shook hands. Russia suffered heavy losses, but were the ones who closed in on Hitler in his Berlin bunker the day he decided to commit suicide.

• 3 weeks ago

The Germans killed a lot more Russians than vice versa!  The Japanese were pretty brutal against China but they didn't kill 20 million Chinese. (Actually, Mao killed millions of Chinese and Stalin killed millions of Russians).

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.