Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 3 weeks ago

Why do misogynic posts on reddit receive gold and over 10k upvotes?

There was this post in r/unpopularopinion coming from a biased woman that said something hateful about women and the post received golds and a lot of upvotes and got itself into top. But if you'd say the same thing about men, you'd be called out for being a "feminazi"

• Foofa
    Favorite Answer

Reddit is a bit of a boys’ club.

That post is not misogynistic you are just a snowflake...........Just because you disagree with it doesnt mean it is sexist

• Bill

I agree with a lot of posts on there. That carrot cake post though was just wrong. So wrong. I'm going to say it right here and now, carrot cake sucks. 

Anyways, you didn't provide a link to the post, so no one can answer your question. 

Edit: Thanks for the link. So I don't see anything wrong there. Plenty of people have cleaned both male and female restrooms and it's simply a fact that you ladies are worse. 

I would also advise you to avoid places that tell you upfront that you could get offended by what is posted there if you're so easily offended by things like opinions over female restrooms being nasty. 

Really, that whole place is a trigger zone for you considering the topics posted there.

"Why do misogynic posts on reddit receive gold and over 10k upvotes?"

They don't!  You read that post wrong.  It only received 10 upvotes.  It was 10k downvotes.

Check it out.  My source is the same as your source.

.

Source(s): no source, no truth