What should I do about someone who placed 3 surveillance cameras on my farm?

I called the police and filed a police report. then I took them down. guy calls and wants his cameras back because they are expensive. Federal wiretapping laws?

I conjecture he was watching for deer, then hunting on my property, when I was not around.  

Favorite Answer

If they were on your property, you had a right to remove them AND throw them out. Tell him you threw them out - they were on YOUR property. You owe him nothing.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience.

WHAT cameras?

If you place cameras on MY property, they are MY cameras.

INSIST he sue you so the judge can agree with me.

• Eva

Give the cameras to the police and let them deal with him.

He trespassed and the key words are ... "abandoned his property."

You now own 3 expensive cameras.

Just because, what was he doing?  This is bizarre!  My neighbor - who I think is certifiable - thought I was having an affair with her husband (I wouldn't touch him on the worst day  of my life), I have a stockade fence and so she stood on her ROOF in order to videotape my backyard.  Your neighbor may have topped my neighbor in the bizarre category.

You are the proud owner of 3 cameras.

Offer to sell them to the "owner"; when he shows up have him arrested for trespassing on your property when he posted the cameras!