Which of my 3 book ideas is the most interesting?

Idea 1:

Asher, a teenage boy with pure black eyes and a broken collarbone, accidentally and tragically kills his sister on the day of his mother's funeral. When the heartbroken boy and a stranger named Violet are mistakenly paired as roommates at a boarding school, Asher uses his pain to emotionally and physically abuse Violet. However, in his attempts to make her miserable, he grows to love her. Ashamed of himself, Asher sneaks off campus to commit suicide, but Violet follows, and the two suddenly become tangled in a toxic yet enthralling romance, which soon transforms into a horror when Asher loses his sanity and becomes homicidal.

Idea 2:

Elliot is a skilled gamer with pitch black hair and purple eyes. Madeline is his online gaming partner with faded pink hair and green eyes. When their other online friend goes inactive under suspicious circumstances, Elliot, Madeline, and the rest of their online clan leave home to find him, unknowingly throwing themselves into a journey involving stolen segways, too many sour straws, camping under the stars, and forbidden kisses in RV's, ultimately leading to the discovery of a dark truth about their missing friend, and each other.

Idea 3:

Two teenage boys, devoted satanists, hack into social media accounts and use harsh language to draw others to suicide. When a girl at their high school begins to catch on to them, they kidnap and abuse her in the bomb shelter beneath the school. When one of the satanists starts to fall for her, she

Idea 3 (cont'd):

convinces him that his ways are cruel, and he sets her free, but in doing so is attacked by his partner. The girl returns to save him, but the two suddenly find themselves captives beneath the school. Using the cell phones they've been given in order to help cyberbully others at the school, the two develop a secret code to encrypt into their messages, with hopes that they can be rescued.

#1, I don't read abusive stuff like that, it's not entertaining.

#2 You need to get away from the idea of describing people by their hair and eye color, unless you're writing for grade schoolers, you don't need that laundry list of details. A reader 'sees' the characters on their own. We don't need to be hand held. And 'violet' eyes are not a thing. Your write up of the synopsis seems very over the top trash romance. It would benefit from actually having an original plot with motivations and real life actions/reactions.

#3 Satanists aren't a big thing, your idea of them comes from movies, not real life. Go online and check out their main website - 95% of what they stand for is the same as any religion. One of the basic tenants is to NOT harm children. They do not encourage suicide either. As for using rape and abuse as entertainment, it's a sick world you're focusing on, as a writer I expect better of you.

• Anna Belle2 weeks agoReport

This post was an experiment to see if anyone would be kind about my "ideas". I'm a 16 year old girl with no writing experience. But thanks.

• Joanne

Idea 2 seems to be the most promising, IMHO.

Idea 1 is disturbing to me, because how can a brother accidentally kill his sister?Idea 3 is also disturbing to me, because I don't like abuse.

• Joanne
      2 weeks agoReport

Finally - https://my-sister-savior.blogspot.com (guy discovers that his younger sister is a much better sex partner than his frigid ice cube ex-wife ever was) and https://sister-pool-antics.blogspot.com (brother + sister + family pool = naughty taboo erotic pleasures). 

No clue what the color of their hair and eyes has to do with the story. Annoyingly irrelevant if you ask me.

Ideas mean nothing. What matters is how well you write the story or stories. Furthermore, what we think doesn't matter. You have three ideas. Choose the one you like best and start writing it.

Idea 2, by far. It actually sounds quite interesting, and something I would potentially read. The other two ideas are excessively miserable, unnecessarily violent and I, if I read such stories, would assume the author was getting off on the misery and yeet the book straight out of the window and into the trash lorry (offense not meant- plenty inexperienced writers seem to believe the more sadness and heartbreak in their writing the better. But it actually has the opposite effect. There's a pain/misery threshold beyond which the reader will stop caring about your characters, because what is happening to them has become unimaginably painful. Your descriptions go well beyond that threshold. Subtle is better, and less it more). Also, what is with the female character always being helpless and abused? It's poor writing. And we're all bored of the bully-is-in-love-with-victim trope. So. Bored. I could go into more detail, but since there are three ideas here, I won't as it would take too much of my time to specify everything wrong with them. And really, 1 and 3 need to be completely re-written, not improved. On a separate note, as you don't seem to be writing fantasy, what is up with your character descriptions? The special-snowflake-character-with-unnatural-coloured-eyes trope is pretty worn out, too.

• Anna Belle2 weeks agoReport