Will the Dems main claim about Biden: “at least he’s better than Trump!” be enough to excite enough Voters to go vote for him?

This don’t even claim that Biden would make a good president. Just that he’ll be better than Trump....

Which is why I’m sticking with Bernie through thick and thin. And so are millions of others.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

Well, first of all, Biden IS better than Trump.  I can't think of many people in politics who AREN'T better than Trump.  That's a low bar!

Now, there's a struggle within both parties between hard-liners and moderates.  Biden represents the moderate wing of the Democratic Party.  Bernie represents the more liberal wing.  I love Bernie, he says the things I like, his philosophy (and Liz Warren's) is closest to my own.  But I have to wonder if he's electable.  If he wouldn't seem like just an angry old f*rt who wants to change too much, and drive away the people in the middle.

It's the people in the middle, the independents and  undecideds who decide elections.  For the Dems to win, they need a candidate who pleases Democrats but also pulls in independents.  That's my problem with Bernie.

I'm an independent myself, but in my case it's not because I'm between the parties, it's that I find myself to the left of both parties.  Because in my lifetime I've seen both parties veer way to the right.  Bernie (and Warren) really want only to bring the Democratic Party back to their roots, back to where they were pre-Reagan.  I like that!  But as a nation, I don't know if we're quite ready for that yet.

• Trump has inspired much of the nation to go as far Left, as he is perceived to be to the Right. But Biden would only work for the 1% with every policy decision. And excites Voters with his generic, luke-warm approach, about as much as a lump of coal for Christmas ...Bernie 2020!

• 2 weeks ago

It worked for Chump.

• 2 weeks ago

You're underestimating the enormous affection Dems have for Joe Biden.

• Ro
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

Nope, Latest Emerson poll .... since dems LOVE polls.... has the President beating Biden

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

Hell no. Voters need an inspirational candidate. Like Bernie Sanders. 

• 2 weeks ago

Anyone else running - both Democrats and Republicans - would be "better than Trump."

So it's not really saying very much.

• Stan
    Lv 5
    2 weeks ago

Biden isnt going anywhere but home.

Sorry to disapoint but we're not going to nominate another Hillary for you.

• 2 weeks ago

I mean, people hate Trump so much they'd vote for a soggy week-old tunafish sandwich over Trump.

• John W
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

Whatever candidate Democrats choose will beat Rump, if he's even still running.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.