Am I being too irrational? ?

I’m literally struggling to cope with my significant others child... I try to help him with parenting since this is his only child and his relationship with her mother went south once the child was born because she was young and didn’t want to settle down. Long story short I have a 5 year old from my previous relationship and have a completely different outlook on parenting than he does. His daughter is extremely whiny and sensitive and he constantly gives into her crying. I feel like she runs our household. My child is expected to learn to share (he struggles with this and is an only child) but she doesn’t have to. She is two and a half but plays with her toys on top of my sons... she also goes to bed extremely late every night he has her. Like everything evolves around her I feel and anytime I step in to help him curve the behavior he gets very volatile verbally to the point where I end up leaving for a day or two. Is it wrong that I try to help then give up after he gets verbally aggressive/ avoid being around her because I can’t handle feeling like she runs our household the entire time she’s here Thursday-Sunday. I feel like it’s unfair for my son as well. Also when my son was younger he had his days but I’m not patient with the constant whining and crying she brings to the table bc I never had to deal with it 

Tell him that there will be rules when she is there and if he can't or won't enforce them and gets mad at you, leave him.  I understand she is young, but she needs to learn now when it is easier to control her.  If he is not on the train then you need to leave, his not enforcing rules with HIS child, will upset your child and then he won't want rules either. 

You come back to live with a someone who is so verbally aggressive you leave? 

I am not a parent but I understand where you are coming from. I think you should try to talk to him in private, but you have to remember that you are not the technical parent of the child and even though you are just trying to help, it may be doing more damage than good. If you try to explain where your coming from and he refuses to listen then you have to decide if this is something you can tolerate or maybe you have to take a break.

She needs words to use.

To stop the whinning, it's worked for her for a long time.

So give her words.."tell me what you need"...milk, food, cracker....

Another is checking into an Early Head Start program for free child care since he is a single dad. The child would gain a lot from these programs plus parenting classes.

Overall, if it is always an issue id let the relationship go because he needs to be a father first.

This will be a life saver for all of you... https://www.youtube.com/user/LoveandLogic1